" have you ever had a dream that you... um... "

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 38

Rep: 45 pts

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker
SATURDAY WINTER 15, YEAR TWO • NIGHT • CLOUDY • OUTFIT
"And dance and drink and screw, because there's nothing else to do. "

Samuel wasn’t the biggest fan of Westhaven for what it was doing to his village, but he also wasn’t one of the villagers so deeply enraged with the city that he’d rather drink alone at home than visit Belham Bar. It was a nice bar, after all, and it wasn’t like Samuel really had a good drinking location back in Ioana. Bars came and went in Ioana, but Belham Bar never changed. It was the perfect Saturday night drinking spot for when he wanted slightly-overpriced whiskey.

After sipping the final delights of his whiskey, Samuel put his glass down on the bar. He was drinking alone tonight with the friends he’d asked to come out all busy doing something else. Typical. Maybe it was the little bit of drink he’d had, but Samuel felt a little bitter about that. Still, it didn’t stop him from smiling brightly when the bartender came his way.

“Oh,”
he said. “Er, I think the gal next to me is next.”

“Right?”
he asked, turning to face the brunette next to him, still smiling.

Samuel had only just finished his drink but he swore the young lady next to him had been waiting a few minutes now for a refill.
Pocomoke
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 02:04 PM

"Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy go

GROUP: Green Leaf

Awards: 18

Rep: 8 pts

Winter 15th Y2
Outfit

Dani had already been in the city to hang out at a party she heard about. While she didn't have any good friends (unless if you counted Ender as a good friend), there were a still people who would hit her up when they wanted to smoke together. Usually she wasn't out there for a long time, and rarely wanted to make the trip for the short time, but her acquaintances would offer to pay her fare. In the end it would be a good time.

By the time the brunette stumbled out of the apartment, it was around that time of night where bars were bursting with people. Seemed like the perfect time to head over and see if she could get a free drink, or even some company for the night. Fixing herself up, she strolled in and plopped down in a seat in between two patrons. One of them was already fixated on the person next to them, so Dani turned to the other man as he spoke about her.

"Yeah, I'll just take a mojito." she told the bartender before turning her full attention to the brown haired man, her soon to be acquaintance.

"Dani, nice to meet ya." Dani introduced herself to him with a wink. She looked down at his glass a moment later. "What are you drinking?"

Ethereal
PMEmailWebsite
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 03:50 PM

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker

Woah.

Was that a wink?

Samuel was sometimes oblivious to flirting (and sometimes faked being oblivious because he was awkward like that), but that was straight-up, hardcore, forward flirting.

He liked it. He grinned back at her.

“Samuel,”
he replied, not confident enough to wink back but hoping the eye contact was enough to make it obvious he was receptive to the potential of any flirting. “Nice to meet ya too.”

“Straight whiskey,”
he replied, tapping the empty glass so it made clinking sounds. “Sometimes, ya just need something expensive but strong.”

The bartender returned with Dani’s mojito. He put it on the bar, then directed his attention to Samuel.

“Just another of the same for me, please,”
Samuel said, pushing forward the empty glass. He watched for a brief second as the bartender took it away before his eyes were back on Dani.

“So,”
he began. “Waiting on someone or jus' enjoying the cocktails solo?”

Hey, he just needed to make sure there wasn’t a six-foot-two football player about to arrive and drag him off his chair any second now.
Pocomoke
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 10:47 PM

The man introduced himself and she got a name to go with the face. Samuel. Not a bad name. It suited him well, at least from the whole two seconds that she had known him. She knew his name, and that he drank whisky.

“Sometimes, ya just need something expensive but strong.” Samuel explained to her. Dani nodded as she took a sip of the drink that was just placed right in front of her. Straight up alcohol sounded like a good idea, but she decided to take it slow considering that she had just finished smoking. Perhaps once she calmed down a bit she would order his drink instead.

“So, waiting on someone or jus' enjoying the cocktails solo?”

"Just my lonesome self." Dani responded. She looked him up and down for a moment. "I'm guessing you hopefully are to, Samuel?" she asked, hoping the answer was yes. It would suck if he had someone waiting for him. Dani would have to find a new target, and she was to scatterbrained to do that.

"Tell me a little about yourself, Samuel. What brings you here tonight?" Dani asked him, taking another sip of her drink. She rested her chin on the back of her hand, slightly red eyes watching him curiously.

Ethereal
PMEmailWebsite
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 09:01 PM

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker

Thank Itris, she was drinking by herself. Samuel could stop looking in the reflection of the cocktail mixer on the bar to check behind him for a big beefy man ready to fuck him up.

“Ha, yeaaah. I’m drinking solo tonight too,”
he replied. “Good way to meet good company though, huh?”

She asked him to tell her a little about himself, and Samuel wished at this moment that he was cooler than he was. He could argue that he was interesting, sure, but he didn’t think announcing himself as a crazy cat lover who liked glitter to a cute girl was the best way to present himself.

Samuel decided to just stick to the basics. It wasn’t hard to explain why he was here.

“Ah well, it’s a sad, sad tale,”
he joked. “See, I’m from this tiny village called Ioana, about… ooh, I dunno, an hour or so away from here? Anyway, it’s sad because we literally have zero bars there. Like, not even one that serves nothing but terrible beers.”

“So, if I want to drink and I don’t wanna do it alone in my bedroom, I’ve gotta grab a train and trawl all the way over to Westhaven to get one.”

Samuel laughed, taking a quick drink. “Anyway, what about you, Dani?”

He decided to take a risk. Flirting never came naturally to Samuel, but he thought this was how you did it.

“How come a pretty gal like you’s sitting drinking cocktails by herself?”

Pocomoke
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 11:04 AM

When Sam confirmed that he was alone, Dani smiled. At least she no longer had to worry about some chick come up and try to start a cat fight over her man. It also made getting a free drink pretty easy. Samuel seemed like a nice man, but he also seemed like an easy target. Maybe she could get a drink and a fun night?

She'd only know if she tried.

“Ah well, it’s a sad, sad tale. See, I’m from this tiny village called Ioana, about… ooh, I dunno, an hour or so away from here? Anyway, it’s sad because we literally have zero bars there. Like, not even one that serves nothing but terrible beers. So, if I want to drink and I don’t wanna do it alone in my bedroom, I’ve gotta grab a train and trawl all the way over to Westhaven to get one.” Samuel began to explain, getting a small laugh from Dani. She knew how hard it was to find someone to drink with in the valley, being from there herself. For some reason the town was full of old ladies who didn't care for the night life like she did. It sucked having to travel all the way out to the city for a few drinks, but usually she made the best of it.

“Anyway, what about you, Dani? How come a pretty gal like you’s sitting drinking cocktails by herself?” he turned the question back to her. Dani paused for a second, taking a sip of her drink and thinking about it.

The real reason she was there by herself was that she didn't have friends. Gavin had abandoned her, and all of her other friends seemed to vanish when she had gone on her trip seasons ago. There was Ender, but she had ended up ghosting him when she had temporarily been unavailable. Which sadly made him her closest friend.

"Well like you said, the valley is so dull, and I enjoy the nightlife." Dani began, once again taking a sip of her drink. "I'm not really close to anyone in the valley or city, so it's nice to enjoy some company every once in a while. You never know what characters you're going to meet."

"I've seemed to find a nice one here myself." she added with a small wink, taking a sip of her drink without making eye contact with the man.

"So less about me, more about you." Dani started. "What do you do for a living? I don't think I've seen you around before, and I make my way around the valley. she continued. She couldn't remember meeting or interacting with the man before. Perhaps they just lived different lives.

"Trust me, I would have remembered if we met before."

Ethereal
PMEmailWebsite
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 09:36 PM

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker

Samuel couldn’t help but think it was nice to find another village-dweller in Belham Bar. It wasn’t a common sight, that was for sure. The population of Ioana was still aging, even if they’d have an influx of younger people recently. And so few of those younger people didn’t even seem mildly concerned about the lack of alcohol-serving establishments in the valley! So yes, it was great to find another Ioana drinker, and especially one that was both cute and not repulsed by him!

...She definitely wasn’t repulsed by him.

Samuel blushed a little.

She was flirting with him again. He wasn’t crazy right? He’d been out of the game a while, but he knew the signs of flirting. A wink and a smile. God, Samuel, this was flirting 101! Straight out of the textbook.

Dani wanted him to talk about himself again, and Samuel was more than happy to. He loved his farm work and enjoyed talking about it to people who were willing to listen.

“Yeah, we’ve definitely not met before,”
Samuel agreed, offering her a lopsided grin. It was his signature flirting smile – cute and dorky. “I’d remember a pretty face like yours. Woulda never spoken to ya, like. I’m awkward like that!”

“But anywaaay, I work up Lochapple Fields. Farmer,”
he said, shrugging his shoulders and grinning again. “I run the family farm. Barker Farm? You might not'a heard o' it but we’ve been established a long time. I’m the fourth generation of Barker t'be in charge.”

Samuel hesitated then he dared. He dared to try make this go further.

“You know, if you’re not too busy, you should totally come down sometime. I’ll give you some free produce, whatever fruit and veg you like that’s in season. Plus, I make a killer stew, or so I’ve heard,”
Samuel said, laughing.
Pocomoke
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 10:33 PM

Dani nodded and listened to Sam go on about his family farm or whatever, partially paying attention while she finished off her drink. He seemed nice, a little too friendly, but nothing that was too concerning. After all, if the man tried to get too close, she could just avoid him. Dani spent most of her time in her shop anyway, and he probably spent it on the farm, so they wouldn't really see each other. Still, it would be nice to see where this goes...

“You know, if you’re not too busy, you should totally come down sometime. I’ll give you some free produce, whatever fruit and veg you like that’s in season. Plus, I make a killer stew, or so I’ve heard."

"Oh, perhaps I will have to then." Dani said. The bartender came over then and asked if she wanted another drink, to which she dismissed him with a wave of her hand. While she would love another drink to ease her mind, she didn't have the money. Besides, there was another way to ease her mind right in front of her.

"I mean it's probably one of the more exciting things in the valley. You know how... dull the place can be." she said, casually placing a hand on his knee, trying to be subtle. She wanted to determine whether or not she should keep persisting with this man or call it a night and head home. It wasn't late, but finding another potential friend seemed like too much work. Besides, the one drink was already affecting her.

"Hence why we are both out in the city I guess..." Dani shrugged. The girl decided to change topics quickly. "So anyway, Barker farms? What exactly do you do and all. I mean I assume planting but... What else?" she asked. Keeping the conversation on him and far away from her.

Ethereal
PMEmailWebsite
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 07:52 PM

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker

Whether Dani was truly listening or not, she maintained an appearance of seeming attentive. Samuel realised he was seriously enjoying her company. He also realised he wanted to enjoy it in more ways than one, but it was too early for him to even consider what downstairs wanted him to. His invitation for her to visit his farm was platonic and innocent, but also hopeful that more interactions between them in the future would lead to an interaction in the bedroom.

Dani, however, didn't seem to confine herself to some imaginary rules about social etiquette like the ones Samuel had created for himself. Subtle or not, her placing a hand on his knee felt bold and Samuel knew where she wanted this to go. And he wasn't about to turn it down, either, if she still wanted it to go that way when they'd finished their drinks.

Samuel grinned at her as the conversation, once more, switched back to him and his work.

"You mean after the plantin'? Water the plants... tend t' the plants... fertilise the plants... an' then harvest the plants when they're ready."

"Honestly,"
Samuel continued, laughing. "It's probably one o' the least exciting jobs out there, but I like it. Now, if you're looking for something more than jus' a bunch o' veg an' fruit, I've heard ranchers are fun t' hang out wi' too."

"But really..."
he said, gently placing his hand atop of Dani's which still sat on his knee. "We crop farmers are the only ones that can show people a really good time."

Flirting still felt so alien to him so Samuel was almost a little too quick to pull his hand back. He grabbed his drink, downed the rest of it, and signalled for the bartender to bring him another.

"One for you?"
he asked Dani. "I'll pay."
Pocomoke
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 08:56 PM

Sam continued to talk about his farm, and Dani was about to call it a night. Sure, she had asked him about it, but she was starting to wonder if this was going to end anywhere. Dani probably had better luck finding someone on the train ride home. It was only when Sam placed his hand on top of her and said this line was when things began to change.

"We crop farmers are the only ones that can show people a really good time."

That was when Dani realized that she was in for a fun night. Before she could even respond though, Sam pulled his hand away. Dani smirked in response, sliding her hand an inch or two up his leg.

"Oh really? It that so?" Dani asked as Sam was waving down the bartender. When he offered to pay for her, she hesitated. While the girl never wanted to give up free booze, they were heading in a direction that she was excited about. Instead, a plan hatched in her mind.

"You said you live in the valley right?" Dani asked. She faked a small yawn before smiling. "I was actually thinking about hitting up the liquor store for a bottle before heading home... Mind walking me...?" she asked with a wink.

It didn't take long for the two of them to hit the store before and made their way to the train station. Dani tried not to hog the bottle of whisky as they made their way over, but it was hard not to when she wanted to get a little more drunk.

"The wait for this train is so long..." Dani commented as they waited for the train to come, unsure of what else to say.

Ethereal
PMEmailWebsite
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 08:03 PM

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker

Samuel had offered to pay for two more drinks for them, but Dani had other ideas. And those ideas, well. Let's just say Samuel was excited about those.

"Yeah, just on Wildflower Road,"
he replied, smiling back at her. "Naturally I'll walk you home. It'd be wrong of me not to this late at night."

The two of them got their stuff together and left the bar. They hit up the nearest liquor store, not that it was the only one available to them. Westhaven was a boozey city, unlike Ioana. Whiskey was rife so they picked up a bottle, one brand that Samuel had a particular penchant for.

They arrived at the train station and sat down on one of the benches. During the day, Westhaven station was impossible to navigate with so many businessmen running around. At night, it was as dead as Ioana's. Dani and Samuel were totally alone, which didn't help with the sudden wave of awkwardness that had appeared.

"Yeah,"
Samuel replied, equally as unsure of what to say. He was always a bit ditzy and doubting he was interpreting things right, but Samuel was sure the bottle of whiskey plus him walking her home meant certain things were going to happen. And knowing what those things were (and trying not to think of those because he didn't need an appearance from his partner-in-crime right now) brought out the small talk. "It's probably running late, or something. The Westhaven-Ioana service is never efficient."

"Probably because nobody ever uses the darn thing,"
he finished.

Samuel looked at the clock and then looked into the distance. No sight of the train yet. It could be a while.

"Mind if I take another swig?"
Samuel asked, holding out a hand for the whiskey bottle. Maybe if he got a little more drunk, he'd be better at smooth-talking.
Pocomoke
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Pocomoke
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 01:09 PM

Sam started talking about how no one ever used the train between the valley and the city, which Dani hadn't really thought about before. She had taken the train a good amount of times since she didn't drive, and she never really thought about before. Dani was just so used to the empty train cars, so they weren't new to her.

"Mind if I take another swig?"

"Sure thing." Dani said, handing the bottle over to him. She was about to open her mouth to say something to keep the conversation going, but luckily the train pulled up that moment. With a grin, Dani headed on, excited to head back to the valley.

The hour ride was always boring, but at least with Sam the trip wasn't too bad. The bottle they shared between the two of them also helped out. She wasn't surprised that the two of them had gotten through a good portion of it by the time they were walking down the street.

"Well here it is." Dani said as they walked up to the brightly colored house that she called home. Stepping up on the porch, she turned around to face her new friend.

"Well thank you for walking me home..." she began, reaching behind her to open the door. She stepped back and leaned against the door frame. "It's a little chilly out, do you want to come in for a little?" the girl asked with a wink. Hopefully the man knew what she was implying.

Ethereal
PMEmailWebsite
^
Ethereal
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 07:08 PM

user posted image

Samuel D. Barker

Thankfully, the train arrived shortly after Samuel had panicked deliberating whether he made small talk about the peculiar sparkle of concrete in the moonlight or how it was possible leaves were on the train tracks despite that there wasn't a tree in sight.

The journey was a long one. The Ioana-Westhaven connection was known to be time-consuming despite the two locations only being a few miles away. But conversation flowed just like whiskey, and it wasn't long before they were in Ioana.

Like a gentleman, Samuel walked Dani to her door.

"I like the colour of ya house,"
he commented. Though dark outside, from the dim streetlight Samuel could see that the wooden panels were painted a vibrant yellow. It was one of his favourite colours, second to orange. "Makes a nice change from grey."

Dani opened the door and it wasn't long till there was an invitation for him to join her.

"Yeah, sure,"
he replied, grinning. "It is a bit chilly."

Liar of the year award goes to... Samuel Dean Barker! Incredibly phobic of the cold, Samuel was always dressed snug as a bug in a rug. He didn't feel the least bit chilly in his trusty cardigan, but Dani didn't need to know that (even though she totally already did).

"Thanks,"
he said as he stepped inside.

• • •

A little stay ended up meaning the night. It was safe to say, Samuel had a great evening.
Pocomoke
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.