Epic Battle of Friendship, Andy || Zinnia
Hera
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 10:13 PM

Walking the line between discontent and disaster

GROUP: Purple Leaf

Awards: 8

Rep: 2 pts

user posted imageZinnia Masterson #E497C1 P | J | M

Tecri http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/pink_star_zpslmp3ydss.png Spring 22 http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/pink_star_zpslmp3ydss.png Sunny

Her footsteps echoed in the cold marble halls as she made her way down to the Grand Foyer. Everything was pristine, every surface gleaming like it had been freshly polished, and it probably had been. Zinnia's cleaning service was top notch, and they often went above and beyond in a futile attempt to impress someone who only hired them because she couldn't clean the whole thing herself. If her lair wasn't right below the house, she'd probably sell it and move into an apartment.

Still, it had its uses. Beyond being a good base of operations for Nexus, it had plenty of space for the things Zinnia liked. There was a dojo, an armory, a gym, a shooting range, an outdoor sparring area, an indoor movie theater, two pools each with a hot tub, and a huge private library. If nothing else, it was all very convenient. She just wished she wasn't so alone in this huge, empty mansion.

For today, at least, she wouldn't be. In a fit of loneliness she had invited Andy, her only friend, to come up and check it out. It was the first time since she'd started fighting crime that she'd invited anyone over and the first person she invites is a cop. She definitely had misgivings about this. But she'd already gone and invited her, and the hour of their meeting was drawing near. So she'd moved into the entrance hall, sitting on the last step of the grand staircase, having flashbacks to prom night as she waited alone.
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 11:43 PM

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.&qu

GROUP: Black Leaf

Awards: 28

Rep: 7 pts

Andy Mills
user posted image
TAG
Zinnia (Hera)
NOTES

Spring 22, Y3
It was a nice day out, Andy had received an invitation from an old friend, Zinnia, she hadn’t seen that girl in a long time, hopefully everything was alright with her, however, Andy was about to find out. Andy knew Zinnia from the past, even if they don’t talk regularly they still get together and it’s like things don’t change.

The woman got into her truck and drove all the way to Westhaven, before going to Zinnia’s house, the woman stopped at a bakery to buy a cake, she wasn’t about to show up empty handed; along with the cake some fine wine would do the trick. Andy continued her voyage to her friend’s house, she slowly passed by her grandparents hoping to see them on the garden, but they weren’t there, maybe they were inside, old people were not always predictable.

Ah at last, Zinnia’s house, or mannor, it was a big house, bigger than Andy’s and she lived with her whole family and a bunch of animals. The property was big, Andy thought it was a waste of space, but who was she to judge, her grandparents did the same.

Andy stopped the truck and got out. ”Zinnia!” She said with enthusiasm. ”Long time! How have you been? Damn it’s so good to see you again.” Andy said approaching her hold friend. ”Don’t you feel lonely in here?” Andy asked looking around the house.

PMEmail
^
Hera
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 04:32 PM

Tecri http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/pink_star_zpslmp3ydss.png Spring 22 http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/thewelladmin/pink_star_zpslmp3ydss.png Sunny

Zinnia, restless and tired of the echo of her foot tapping against the marble steps reverberating through the hollow castle she inhabited, had moved out to the front steps into the sunshine. She absolutely hated her days off. Without the library, finding things to occupy herself during the day was not an easy task, and her work as Nexus was better left to the night.

She grinned as she saw Andy's truck pull up, waving her up the drive. "Damn good to see you too, Andy! she said, pulling her friend into a quick but enthusiastic hug. She pulled back, still grinning, but the internal cringe was strong. The question really hit home, because yes she absolutely got lonely here and that's why she'd invited Andy here in the first place, thank you very much.

"Ahhhhahaha, I mean, I guess it is kind of empty. I don't really need all this space. But it was my Uncle's, yanno? And he wanted it taken care of, so I take care of it." she shrugged, trying to seem nonchalant. She didn't want to worry Andy with her issues. It wasn't anyone's fault but her own that she hadn't made any new friends since she discharged.

"Come on, I'll show you around!" she said, beckoning Andy into the house. Outside the sun had been warm, but the breeze was still crisp with Spring, and brisk. The change as you stepped through the door was immediate. The temperature was perfectly comfortable, but the air was perfectly still. There was a strange, over-sanitized quality to it, and the only scent that of expensive household cleaners. It seemed almost unlived in, more like a hotel than a home.

Zinnia was much too aware of this.

"There's an armory, a movie theater, I've got sparring and shooting areas outside and inside....really, almost anything you wanna do, I can find a way to accommodate." She said, a little sheepishly. It really did feel like she lived in a hotel when she gave the rundown.
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 10:07 PM

Andy Mills
user posted image
TAG
Zinnia (Hera)
NOTES

Spring 22, Y3
Andy got hug from Zinnia, she wasn’t exactly expecting one but she wasn’t going to complain or reject her friend’s hug. Andy hugged her back and once they pulled away Andy smiled. Zinnia replied to Andy’s comment about the house, which caused the brunette to take another look. ”I mean, it lacks a bit of a personal touch perhaps, seems too cold.” Andy didn’t mind big houses, but they were often cold, bland and boring, but that was Andy’s opinion.

As Zinnia said she’d show the brunette around, Andy followed. ”I couldn’t live in a place like this alone, or with staff, I mean, damn…” Andy said. Andy looked around the inside, and to her it all seemed it lacked personality, the usual fancy place.

”Armory? You have an armory? Why would you need an armory?” Andy asked, ignored the whole movie theater, sparring and shooting areas, Andy was indeed more surprised about the fact that her friend had an armory, perhaps it was just one of those wealthy people things of owning things like that.

PMEmail
^
Hera
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 06:39 AM

Zinnia bit her tongue in an effort not to speak her mind. This certainly wasn't doing much to make the house seem less lonely, that was for sure. "Ha, yeah...well, I kind of just let my decorator do most of the work. As long as I got a comfortable place to rest my head, right?" She said, ushering her further into the house.

"It was my uncle's, I grew up here. I don't want to just up and move." She said, starting to feel a little put out. She had invited Andy over to hang out and have fun, not to have her home insulted. It had passed rude a long time ago and was heading straight towards ridiculous. And what was she supposed to do, anyway? The place was huge, and she was one person. Was she just supposed to cover the whole house in rugs and knickknacks in a futile attempt to make it look less like the palacial mansion it was?

"Well where else am I supposed to keep my sword collection?" She asked, grinning. When you had as much money as Zinnia did, you had to find dumb ways to spend it, it was practically in the trust fund baby handbook. "And the guns, of course. But the swords are way cooler."

She had started collecting them when she was a teenager. At first it was just cheap replica katanas and stylized longswords meant for costumes and theater. But as she'd gotten older, and especially after she left the military and had nothing better to do, her collection had started to grow. Now she had replicas ranging from costume to museum quality, as well as a few priceless originals and reforged blades.
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 11:53 AM

Andy Mills
user posted image
TAG
Zinnia (Hera)
NOTES

Spring 22, Y3
”My grandparents are the same, they own the big house down the street. I don’t really think so, I like to decorate the house, things I like, things Daniel likes or he’ll complain all the time, I think the charm is how much of you the house has.” Andy said. The brunette liked to give something to a place where she lived, but that wasn’t her house.

”I understand you not wanting to move, I probably wouldn’t too, but I can also tell you I don’t know how you make it, I wouldn’t be comfortable in a big place like this, I’d go nuts in here.” Andy commented. The brunette was hoping that her siblings wanted her grandparents’ house so she wouldn’t have to move out of the valley, and even still her house was huge in the valley, it was uncalled for. ”But regardless of that, it’s nice that you have a place to do whatever you want.”

Their conversation turned to weapons. ”Come on? That many? I have a few but they are on display on my grandparents’.” she said. ”So are you going to show me the good stuff? And by good stuff I mean the weapons.” Andy’s smile grew, now they were speaking the same language, fancy wasn’t something Andy appreciated, she liked things simple, but weapons? She loved them.

”One of these days you need to go to the valley, it’s not as busy as the city and there’s no armory, but you can experience neighbors arguing and threatening one another, ten minutes later they are best friends.”
PMEmail
^
Hera
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 01:58 AM

She was right, Zinnia knew she was. There were only a few rooms in this gigantic house that she used, and the rest looked as though no one had been in them for years. For some of the rooms, that was true of everyone except her cleaning staff. But what was she supposed to do about it? Again, cover it in rugs and knickknacks? She barely spent time here, anyway. At least, not up top in the manor proper. And what time she did spend here was spent in her bedroom or training. "Yeah, I just don't know what to do with the place. It feels way too big for one person to fill up." she sighed, seeing her home through her friend's eyes and finding it lacking.

"It does get lonely...I guess that's why I don't spend a lot of time here. I'd rather work myself half to death than hear the echo of my own footsteps everywhere I go." She said, trying to laugh, pass it off as a joke. It was the truth, though. Sometimes she could hear her own footsteps in her dreams, haunting her, like she was chasing herself. "But I do get to put in whatever I want, that is true. Most of the best rooms are personal additions, though the dojo and the pools were already here."

Zinnia laughed. "Yeah, that many! What else am I gonna do with all the money and space I got for being an orphan? Open a toy museum?" she said, her grim widening. It wasn't a fair trade, it wasn't a fair trade at all, but at least she had never had to worry about money, and likely never would. "Come on, I'll show you the way." she beckoned Andy to follow her as she took off down a hallway and up a flight of stairs to the second floor. The house had been built onto steadily across generations, so some parts of the building felt like a maze while others were laid out more reasonably. Luckily, Zinnia knew the whole house like the back of her hand.

As they reached the door to the armory, Zinnia paused for a moment to consider that. Westhaven needed her, she tried to remind herself. But Westhaven didn't seem to want her. Everywhere she went people called her crazy, stupid, a freak. No matter how many bad guys she stopped or how many people she saved, no one seemed to care. "You know, maybe you're right. I'll think about it." she said, pulling open the door and ushering Andy inside.

The room was a veritable jackpot in terms of weapons. Any doomsday prepper or NRA member would be proud to call the collection their own. Walls and shelves and tables lined with guns, swords, knives, ammo, tactical gear, anything a weapons enthusiast could dream of. Lining the top of the back wall was a case of actual antique swords ranging from rusted hunks of barely recognized metal to a rapier wielded by her ancestor in the 1700s. Below that the wall was covered in museum and costume quality replicas of swords from all different regions and time periods, all polished to a shine. The wall to the right was the same, while the other two walls were filled with guns. "So, what do you think?" she asked, making a ta-da kind of gesture.
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 05:44 PM

Andy Mills
user posted image
TAG
Zinnia (Hera)
NOTES

Spring 22, Y3
Andy wouldn’t know what to do with a big place either, it was easy to talk when she wasn’t in the same situation as her friend. ”I wouldn’t know what to do either.” Andy admitted. Telling what she thought was one thing but being in the same situation as someone else, not as easy as it seemed.

When Zinnia said it was lonely, Andy didn’t like the word, or the feeling. ”Well then, as I said earlier, you’re welcomed to stop by the valley, if I’m on duty I’ll show you around and you can see some action, or the lack of it.” she said with a sight sarcastic tone. ”I mean my house isn’t as big or fancy but I do have a backyard and some pets to keep us company, maybe that’s what you need, a dog, you won’t ever feel lonely, they will even follow you into the bathroom.” Andy spoke with a laugh.

Opening a toy museum sounded like a fun idea, but she doubt it would have that many visitors, but what did Andy know about toys? Or museums? It wasn’t something she liked.

Andy entered the room and just looked around. The room was huge and the weapons, oh the weapons they were art in Andy’s eyes. ”I don’t understand much about museums but shouldn’t these be in ones? This is an amazing room.”
PMEmail
^
Hera
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 06:44 PM

That was certainly an idea. And one she was kicking herself for never having thought of before. Getting some pets might be exactly what she needed. It was a poor substitute for regular human interaction, but it would be hard for the house to feel half as cold with a few animals running around. "You know what, I might just do that. Maybe get a couple of dogs. And a cat, gotta have a cat. A big fluffy one that likes to cuddle." she said, suddenly feeling a lot better, even if she hadn't actually gotten the pets yet.

Turning her attention back to the weapons, Zinnia shrugged. "There are more old swords laying around than museums have room for. Especially rusted out hunks of iron like those ones." she said, indicating the older swords. "What they don't want, or can't afford at private auction, individuals and private collections buy. And a few of these are heirlooms. Either bought by family members before I came into the initial collection, or actual family heirlooms like that rapier. It belonged to a something something great grandfather. Killed a dude in a duel for my something something great grandma." She had amassed most of the swords herself, but a small collection had come with the two houses left her.

"They can be pretty expensive, though. Which is why I only have a few truly valuable pieces. All the ones not in a case are just replicas of varying quality. Even for me, dropping that much on a sword seems kinda silly. Especially one you can't use." she said, making a face at some of the exorbitant prices she had seen on admittedly historically valuable swords that were little more than piles of rust held together with tiny scraps of deteriorating metal. "Of course, that's what the theatrical quality blades are for." she shrugged, indicating a line of fancy looking, slightly blunted swords nearer towards the bottom. Above the costume quality ones not fit for use, but below the museum quality replicas.

She took a katana off of the rack, twirling it through the air with practised ease. "These are the ones you don't have to worry about. They're made to be played with. I mean, they're made for stage and screen productions so played with is probably the wrong phrase. But I'll admit that's what I do with them " she laughed.
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 09:53 PM

Andy Mills
user posted image
TAG
Zinnia (Hera)
NOTES

Spring 22, Y3
Zinnia seemed to be receptive about getting a pet, Ella was glad that it was the case. ”Dog like to cuddle, cats, depends on the cat, but I mean, you got space, you said yourself it’s lonely, best thing you can get is a pet, go down to the shelter and get one or two, you’ll give them a loving home and hopefully you’ll make them happy until the end of their lives.” Andy concluded, smiling at Zinnia. Andy herself had too many animals but she didn’t care, she loved them all and she was happy that they have a forever home.

Andy wouldn’t mind owning so many weapons, but she also believes Museums should be able to get a hold of important historical weapons. ”This is quite an amazing collection, and I was about to ask you if you can use them, apparently not, which is quite sad, but carrying something with that much history can’t be easy.” she commented.

The brunette kept looking around the weapons, the collection was amazing and seemed well preserved. Andy watched Zinnia play around with the katana. ”I actually met a guy that owned a real one, but that one sounds pretty accurate.” Andy commented. She knew a lot of people in the army and some liked to brag about things, she often listened to their stories, they were quite fascinating.

”So, are we going to play with these or what?” Andy asked slightly excited about the sword play.

PMEmail
^
Hera
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 10:15 PM

"The trick to getting a cuddly cat is to let the cat choose you. You can't just go out and buy a cat from a breeder, even if you ignore how unethical it is. Cats are all so wildly different from one another that you just have to go meet them and see if you get along." She said, deciding that she'd pencil in time to go to the shelter sometime within the next few weeks. "Or you can just roll the dice, get a cat, and hope you can learn to live together. Which is fun in its own way." She grinned. She missed the cats of her childhood, before military school and her time in the army. It had been so long since she'd had a companion animal.

Zinnia wasn't sure if she meant heavy personally or simply difficult. It was both, she supposed. "Yeah, they require a lot of upkeep. The ones up top are in cases because they're so deteriorated that they wouldn't survive very long outside of them. They're simply too old to weather the elements of even controlled, indoor air and regular careful handling. And the family sword just overwhelms me sometimes with the part it played in my own life. I mean, without that sword I might not ever have been born, you know? It's weird to think about." She made a face, eyeing the sword with a strange expression.

"Yeah, whoever designed this one really knew what they were doing. Plenty of stage and film prop designers just want to make them look cool. I think this designer did actual research." She said, grinning as Andy issued her challenge-of-sorts and gestured to the line of useable swords she'd taken the katana from. "Pick your poison! We meet in the yard at," she checked her watch, "ten minutes from now." she sheathed her weapon with a flourish, waiting excitedly for Andy to pick out a sword. She practiced with them all the time, and their blunted, non-lethal edges made them perfect to take out with her at night, but she hadn't had anyone to actually play with them with in a long, long time.

When Andy had chosen her sword, she had to fight back an excited squeal as she sped out of the room. She beckoned over her shoulder for Andy to follow, just short of running at a full sprint down the hall. Safety first, after all. Never run with swords, even sheathed (unless you were a super bad ass superhero, like Zinnia). "Come on! The sparring yard is in the back!" She called, making sure she never walked too fast for Andy to keep up or keep her in her line of sight.

Eventually they came to a large entryway with beautiful ceramic tile and wide french doors that let out onto a stone patio with a fountain that looked over the rest of the back grounds. Zinnia ushered Andy down a curved stone staircase into the soft green grass, laughing as she broke out into a trot towards an area not far from the house where the grass had been cleared and replaced with a circle of packed sand, the edges and diameter marked in white paint. It was about 10ft (~3m) in diameter, ample space for two opponents. "We start at the center line. Whoever can push the other out of the circle first wins." Zinnia explained, wanting to use simple, old-school rules since this was just a bit of fun.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D deep in the meadow {warriors} Convergence Sengoku Horizon Reluctant Heroes
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.