L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Jitters, Jackson&Fiona
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 03:14 PM

Why do you write like you need it to survive?

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 26

Rep: 20 pts

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jackson never usually did this sort of thing. Brazenly showing up to a woman's house like he was now, an impromptu date on his mind. It wasn't like him, but here he was now. Fiona had been on his mind a lot as of late, and he couldn't help but feel like he did want an actual date. Be it coffee, or just walking around, he had to go to the city to drop off some papers at the WHFD, so it wouldn't hurt to ask if she wanted to come with him, and have the date follow, would it?

It was just a small Bouquet of three white carnations, but he hoped she'd like them. Though it was a little more nerve wracking being at her front door. But he knocked anyway, waiting for her to come to the door. Would he actually be able to do it? "Hey Fiona..." he trailed, trying to think of what he was supposed to say.

"I'm sorry to bug you so early on a saturday..." It was 10am. "But I was just...you know, headed into the city and I was wondering if you well...uh..." He held out the flowers sheepishly. "Wanted to make it a date?"

And if she said no, well he could always move out of Country. He heard Antarctica was nice this time of year.

Tag: Tecri
Date: Spring 6th
Weather: Sunny
#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 03:51 PM

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.&qu

GROUP: Black Leaf

Awards: 28

Rep: 7 pts

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES
Wearing

Spring 6th, year 2.
Fiona had woken up a bit later than usual, she was still wearing her sleeping clothes. Sitting on the couch, reading a book, Fiona noticed how nervous Lady was, always walking up to run and running to the hallway. ”What is it Lady? Someone at the door sweetie?” Fiona asked and walked over to the door, only to open it. In front of her there was Jackson with flowers, that was surprising, probably weren’t for her, but they were lovely carnations.

Fiona smiled at Jackson. ”Good morning Jackson.” she said. He spoke and she was a bit curious about what he wanted, but he wasn’t exactly bugging her, she just had woken up a bit later than usual, she had been working on a dress for the upcoming festival. When he held out the flowers and asked if she wanted to go out on a date, she blushed, her cheeks clearly red, surprised, yet delighted that he asked.

”I’d love to go.” she said. She took the flowers and smiled. ”They are gorgeous, I love carnations.” she said before realizing she had to get dressed, she looked at herself and looked at Jackson. ”G-gi-give 10 minutes.” she said with a slight stutter ”Make yourself at home. Lady behave.” Fiona got up to her room, put the flowers on a vase with water in her room and smelled them before getting dressed.

Sounded like a casual date, she didn’t have much experience in them, but, she just hopped she wasn’t overdressed for it. She got down the stairs and was ready to go. ”I’m ready.” she said, nervous, she was so nervous that she was able to stay calm. She liked Jackson, she liked spending time with him, this was no different than the time they were ice skating, it just had the name ‘date’ attached to it. Lady looked at her owner and barked, she knew she was going to be home at alone.
PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 02:13 PM

At first Jackson hadn't heard what she said. He had been so busy thinking about the kind of Parkas he would need to buy in order to make Antarctica liveable. Maybe Alaska was more manageable considering Antarctica had a population of 0 if you didn't count the wildlife. Were igloos mandatory, or could you choose to live somewhere else? But his attention snapped back to Fiona once he had realized.

She had said yes.

Oh.

"Ah, heh, I'm glad you like them! I stopped by the shop on the way over and I wasn't sure which you'd like." Thank the Goddess she had liked them, because he had been stuck between them and daisies. But flowers had meanings, didn't they? Maybe he should have read up on that. Maybe next time, if there was such a thing. When she asked for a little time, he sputtered slightly. "Oh uh...yeah, yeah of course! Sorry, I didn't mean to show up so suddenly, but I was on my way and I thought this could be fun." But maybe next time, he thought, he should actually make up a plan.

He sat down while he waited, inviting Lady over for a pet while Fiona got ready. Finally she came downstairs, and the outfit she had chosen, he couldn't help but notice it was quite pretty. "You uh...you look nice." He said, cheeks tinged a light pink. "Well, let's go." he bid a goodbye to Lady and headed out to his truck, opening the door for Fiona before getting into the drivers side. "So uh..I know a little about the city but...is there anywhere specific you'd like to go? After we drop off these papers."

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 06:08 PM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Spring 6th, year 2.
Fiona loved the flowers, they were gorgeous, and it had been so sweet of him to deliver them, she couldn’t express how much she loved them. ”I love carnations, but I like all flowers, they always light up a room.” she said. She just held the flower close, somehow the flowers made her feel calm. When Jackson apologized she waved her hand. ”Don’t be sorry, I loved that you came by.” she said, smiling with a blush on her cheeks.

When she was ready to go with Jackson, his reaction was a surprise, she looked nice, he had said she looked nice and now she was going to think about it for a few days, blushing like a teen girl. ”Th-thank you, I hope I’m not overdressed for this.” she said taking a deep breath.

She closed her door, Lady had access to the outside through the dog door, so it wouldn’t be a problem. Fiona sat on the seat of the truck. ”I visit the city frequently, I go to the hospital a lot, but I know this cute little bakery where we can get something.” she suggested, but she should let him decide. ”But we should go where you want to, so …. Hmmm … surprise me?”

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 07:26 AM

Jackson shook his head when Fiona mentioned she hoped she hadn't overdressed. "No, not at all. You don't look like you're ready for the opera, but you look ready for a stroll, so it works out." Admittedly, Jackson knew a lot about fashion, being over dressed or under dressed, he had a daughter. When it came to women's fashion and having to take Jazmyn into the city to buy her new clothes, he about knew what they were looking for.

When they were both in the truck, Jackson began driving. By now it seemed Lady had gotten used to occupying herself when Fiona was gone, which was a good thing since it seemed like a lot of dogs had bad habits of chewing up furniture or other things. Inky had the problem when she was a puppy, but through her certified training and just generally growing out of it, it wasn't a problem anymore. "Hm, Bakery sounds nice." He mused as they continued on their way.

"I know a few places myself, even though I only really deal with the fire house. We could..." He thought about it. "Well, I'll surprise you." He promised as they continued their drive. Finally they made it to the firehouse, and Jackson excused himself for a moment and made his way inside, returning after a few minutes. "Okay, sorry, everything is sorted now. So, I was thinking...do you like Aquariums? We could get something to eat at the bakery and then head there." He said, seeming to have thought about it for a longer while now.

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 09:51 PM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Spring 6th, year 2.
His answer made it all better. She was glad that she wasn’t overdressed for the date. She had butterflies in her stomach, it wasn’t normal to feel that way but she was happy that Jackson had asked her, she loved to spend time with him and he was often in her mind, but she always tried to distract herself with work, which not always worked.

A smile was plastered across her face when he said he’d surprise her, she couldn’t wait to see where he was going to take her. Arriving to the city, Jackson drove them to the firehouse.

Fiona waited in the truck as Jackson delivered the papers and when he came back she got nervous, she wasn’t sure what it was but that whole thing scared her but she wanted to do it, it was a good feeling. He didn’t need to apologize to her but the question about the aquarium surprised her. ”I’ve never been to an aquarium before.” she spoke with a blush on her face, embarrassed about the situation, but where she lived there weren’t that many attractions and when she was learning her trade she was more concerned about other things.

”I think that’s a great plan.” she finally said. ”I’d love to see the inside of an aquarium, I’ve only seen it in photographs, they are so fascinating seeing one with my own eyes will spectacular.”
PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 08:58 AM

Jackson saw the delight in her eyes when she explained she had never seen an aquarium but liked the plan a lot. "Only Photographs? Well we better get you there as soon as we can, the real thing is so much better." he said with a chuckle. But food was probably a good thing to think about first and foremost considering he hadn't eaten that morning. So he backed up the truck, driving out of the parking spot and driving towards the only bakery in the City he really knew of. He preferred Ioana, because their local Bakery and Cafe sold far better pastries, but he'd settle for something in the city.

"Here we are, is this the Bakery you were talking about? Only one I can remember." He said as he got out and rounded the truck to open the door for Fiona. He walked with her into the Bakery, a quaint little spot tucked away between the skyscrapers, Jackson had to admit it felt a little like home despite being in the city. He glanced up at the menu, looking through the various coffee options before he turned to Fiona.

"So, Cappuccino or regular Coffee?" He asked, thinking back on the one time he had tried to make one at home. "You know the first options harder to make at home. I tried and me and Jazmyn ended up getting foam all over the kitchen." He admitted with a laugh. "It was back when my mom still lived with us, she was not happy."

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 09:43 PM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Spring 6th, year 2.
Fiona was nervous about going to the aquarium, she had never been to one, but she was also thrilled to go, especially with Jackson. She glanced over at him and smiled, she just hopped he didn’t notice it. She saw his lips moving from the corner of her eye and turned to him. ”I bet it will be marvelous…” she said with a slight shine in her eyes. Fiona had grew close to Jackson, she loved his company, he was always so nice and gentle, the prospect of going with him made her anxiety grow, and she was actually loving the feeling.

When they stop at the bakery Fiona laughed. ”This is the bakery I was telling you about, I come here every time I need to go to the hospital.” she announced happily. Fiona got out of the truck and smiled at Jackson. ”Thank you. Shall we go in?” she said, but soon she found herself inside with Jackson.

Looking at the menu, Fiona would go with the cappuccino. ”I think I’d go with the Cappuccino, how about you?” she answered. Her eyes rose to meet Jackson’s and it was when he told her the story about when he tried to make cappuccino at home, she laughed at the story, she couldn’t imagine a whole kitchen full of foam everywhere. ”So, but did you two manage to make one that wasn’t just foam? Because if you did I’d ask you to teach me.” she said, with a light blush, perhaps she was imposing her presence.

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 11:06 AM

She wanted a cappucino, and feeling like he did too, he ordered two, along with two of the same type of cake slices they had gotten in Ioana the last time they had gone to get coffee. It wasn't very busy at this time either, and less crowds made it a lot easier for Jackson to relax a little bit, and not concern himself so much with what was going on around him. He could focus on Fiona. Once he got the tray he brought them over to an empty table and sat down before distributing things to both sides of the table.

"Jazmyn ended up saving the day, as usual, I'll have to ask her if she remembers how we did it in the first place." He mentioned as he took a sip of his coffee. It was lifesaving when he hadn't had any coffee this morning. "I'm surprised you'd be asking me anything about cooking or...I guess...making drinks? I'm not what one would call good." He said with a laugh. After a bite of cake, he asked another question. "Do you have a favorite sea animal? I figured we should know of at least one thing we want to see when we get there."

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 01:25 PM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Spring 6th, year 2.
Fiona looked at Jackson as he spoke about how Jazmyn had saved the day when they made the cappuccinos. She relaxed a bit as they spoke. ”Well I can’t make a cappuccino and you tried it once, I suppose I can say you’re better at it than me.” she commented. She knew Jackson and kitchens didn’t get along too well, either he didn’t have a natural affinity or he just didn’t pay attention.

”It takes practice to be perfect so, if you keep practicing those cappuccinos I’m sure one day they’ll be perfect.” she said. She somehow believed Jackson just didn’t have the patience to cook, and that he didn’t lack the natural affinity towards it.

When he spoke about sea animals she had to think for a while. ”I don’t say I have a favorite, but I like whales, the way they communicate through a symphony, I know I can’t hear but I bet it’s amazing. I also like turtles.” she said, picturing her tiny turtle she used to own back home. ”You? Do you have any favorite? Or do you love them all?”

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 04:42 AM

She explained that she really like turtles and whales, though when it came to sea animals, she didn't have a favorite. When the question was turned on him, he thought about it. "I don't know." He took a sip of the hot liquid before deciding on an answer. "When I was younger, my dad used to have a boat. He used to take my mom and I out, but I never really could say I had a favorite animal."

Jackson was simple when it came to what he liked, so he continued. "I'm partial to Starfish." He said when he had thought it through. "Always found it interesting that they can regenerate limbs. They must not be scared of too much." if he was honest, he wasn't really sure that they were even really alive, but apparently they had brains? He couldn't remember what he had learned in class.

"Whales and turtles are also cool though. Turtles have a portable house and whales well, they're called pods in groups if i remember, it makes me think of Pea Pods but whales are anything but Peas." He laughed, shaking his head. "I'll be sure to put those two exhibits at the top of the list for you."

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 08:05 PM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Spring 6th, year 2.
As Jackson spoke he just stood there watching him; he seemed like someone who loved his family and he had such great memories with them, he was also an only child, somehow that made Fiona a bit jealous, maybe it was selfish of her, she loved her brother and sister but she always wondered what it would be like to be an only child. ”I don’t think I ever got on a boat, unless it’s those tiny things you see at the carnival.” she commented.

”But there must be one you’re naturally drawn to.” she asked, but it didn’t take long for him to speak about the starfish. It was interesting the trivia about starfish, she had no idea it could regenerate limbs, that was quite useful. ”Regenerating limbs? That must be useful, but it probably hurts as well, whenever they lose a limb and it grows back…” she wondered; she didn’t know much about animals, actually Fiona knew very little about everything, except her trade.

She laughed when he spoke, ’peas pod’, she never considered it like that. ”Thank you, but we should also get to see the starfish, whatever comes first, it can’t be all about my turtles and my whales.” she said, reaching out her hand on the table but stopped. ”May I ask why you decided to be a fireman?” she asked. It’s something she hadn’t ask him before.

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 07:44 AM

"Hey, nothing wrong with that," Jackson laughed when she mentioned her only boat ride had been on the small ones at the Carnival. "Jazz and I went on one of those last year, she gets really competitive on those things." She loved to try and sink everyone else, but then again with that being the point of the ride, who didn't? "It was never really my thing, if I'm honest, I don't like boats all that much, but it was the family that mattered, not the boat itself. My dad sold that old thing before he moved to the city."

"I'm not sure if it hurts them, I don't know that much about fish, but I figure it might." Then again, didn't starfish have tiny brains? He wasn't sure what creatures he was thinking about anymore,multiple ones, probably. "Okay, so how about when we get there we just enjoy the aquarium? We'll get to things when we get to them." He said with a grin.

But then he was asked why he had wanted to be a fireman. "Well...my dad was the fire chief up until he left," He explained. But it wasn't because of his father that he had decided to become a fireman. "Hailey, that's Jazz's mom, lost her mother to a house fire when we were little. I remember looking at her and thinking that I never wanted to watch anyone go through that because of a fire again." He sighed. "It wasn't the only thing I thought about doing. I thought about being a cop, but I didn't feel like I could protect people well enough doing that. But when I asked my dad, he said being a Fireman changed his life." He explained, "And I can't say he was wrong, if I can prevent one person from losing their life to a fire then at the end of the day anything I've done to get this far has been worth it."

#8bba80
PM
^
Tecri
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 11:10 PM

Fiona Goodfellow
user posted image
TAG
Jackson (Tanuki)
NOTES

Spring 6th, year 2.
”Really?” Fiona asked curious about Jazmyn’s competitive personality, she wouldn’t have guessed that the young girl was competitive, but it wasn’t a bad thing, not entirely, as long as she knew how to lose competition never hurt anyone.

She paid attention to Jackson. She didn’t know much about him, it was crazy, she wanted to ask him a series of questions, but at the same time she was scared of crossing a line that shouldn’t be crossed. ”Well you saved me and my house.” she said. Jackson had changed her life that moment when he took her out, she couldn’t see because of the smoke, but he was patient and knew she was deaf.

”I think it’s a noble profession, risking your life to save someone else’s. I mean I don’t think I’d be that altruistic. It’s amazing what you do and you’re so dedicated to it.” she spoke from the heart, she hadn’t tell anyone how grateful she was to Jackson and his whole department and how good he was at his job.

”Sorry.” she said. She wasn’t sure if it was a comfortable subject, she could only look at his expression, she couldn’t listen to the tone of his voice.

PMEmail
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 10:17 AM

Jackson didn't always know how to go about the subject, but if she had asked, he wouldn't have called it a hard subject to talk about. Jackson spent every day of his life ready to protect others if they needed it, and that was what made getting up each morning easier. Sure, he risked a lot of things, he risked never coming home to Jazmyn, and that was a hard thought to swallow sometimes. But it was worth it to know that no one would have to go through what Hailey went through again. There were cops to prevent people from hurting people, but when it came to nature hurting people, he was the person to call to prevent that from happening.

"I'm just glad we got your house sorted out, hopefully that'll be the last time something happens to it." He had checked so many things to make sure Fiona's house had been fireproofed and danger avoidable, though he had to admit to himself he had done more for her than a normal fire fighter may have done, and the thought turned him sightly pink.

She told him his job was noble and he smiled slightly, not able to hide the bit of pride that surged through him, though it faded when she apologized. "Don't worry about it Fiona, honestly, thank you for such a high compliment!" he said, assuring her that everything was okay. They continued eating, and when they finished, Jackson stood up. "So, you ready to see some turtles?" he asked, holding out his hand.

#8bba80
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D deep in the meadow {warriors} Convergence Sengoku Horizon Reluctant Heroes
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.