Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 06:28 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 29

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The blinds on all the windows were drawn, showing that although the Cafe had it's lights on, she wasn't taking anymore customers today. She had kept the tears at bay for the rest of the day since she had seen Sawyer last, and for what she deeply hoped was the last time. How foolish was she to think there could have actually been something there? There were so many bitter feelings in her heart now, but perhaps what she hated most is that if he came to talk to her again, she might actually listen. She didn't know what the hell was wrong with her, she and feelings had never mixed like this before.

She swallowed her breath as she turned her attention to the cake in front of her. The Cafe was eerily silent in the cafe with the absence of both her employees and the cats, and she drew in a deep breath. At least she could focus. After all with the door locked, and Grace having the only other key to the Cafe, she didn't have to worry about being disturbed. Work was the only way to quell how she was feeling, and she paused to look at the piping bag in her hand before working to add the accents to the cake.

Her vision blurred as the tears started to fight their way up again, and she unfortunately, spread pink frosting all the way down the cake, something she had not meant to do to begin with. Normally,she would scrape it off, replaced the icing in that spot, and try again. but this time she let out a sigh of frustration and flipped the thing off the counter, the plate landing with a violent crash and the cake falling apart as soon as it hit the floor. She stared at it for a moment, glowering before her features softened, as if she had come back to some sort of senses she had lost for a moment, and buried her head in her hands.

She hated him, but perhaps she hated being without him more than that.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: Belle
Date: Spring 30th, Year 3 (Night)
Outfit: Here
Weather: Rainy
#ea69d5

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 01:36 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 36

Rep: 22 pts

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
Spring 30, Year 3 • Evening • Rain
"I'm gonna soak up the sun"
user posted image

Grace was confused when the phone rang late that evening in her shop. The bakery had closed hours ago, but Grace was working in the kitchen on prepping the newest seasonal items with summer right around the corner. Wiping her hands on her apron, she went to answer it, surprised and worried when it was Finn’s mother on the line.

Mrs. Hauser told Grace that Finnley hadn’t been home and asked if she could go next door to the cafe to see if she was there. Grace agreed immediately, worried about Finn. She cleaned up quickly, locking up the bakery before heading down Chestnut to the cat cafe. She paused outside, seeing lights on, but all the shades of the window drawn. She sighed before pulling out her key and unlocking the door.

Finnley wasn’t immediately visible in the cafe, possibly hiding out in the back. She walked calmly through the cafe until she heard a loud crash come from the back. “Finn!” Grace called out, hurrying quickly to the kitchen. She bursted through the door, looking to see the shattered plate and destroyed pastry on the floor. She looked to Finn, her eyes red as if she had been crying. “Finnley, what’s going on?”

user posted image
"Gonna tell everyone to lighten up"
Wearing • Tag: Tanuki

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 08:34 AM

Finnley felt alone here in the cafe. The cats were all back at home, Finnley having never opened today. She had called Logan and the others and told them not to bother coming into day, but that they'd still get their pay for the day, and she had been locked in there ever since, the cats still at the Farmhouse. She stared at the cake that she sent to the floor in confusion. She swallowed her breath, hearing the bell above the cafe door ring. She knew it was Grace, no one else had the key.

She turned her back after a moment of staring at Grace in the entryway to the kitchen, crossing her arms over her chest as she closed her eyes. "Feelins'...complicate, everything." She answered when Grace asked what was going on. It was something she remembered saying to Grace about Sawyer the first time he was mentioned between them. Back then, she didn't have the feelings she did now, but now she understood the weight of her own words.

"All that shit about romance and him cookin' bein' somethin' more than someone who wanted a place to stick a pin was wrong." She felt mad at Grace for a moment, for putting those types of ideas in her head, but as she turned to face her, her face softened. "No. Sorry, this ain't your fault." she shook her head. "Grace, why am I so stupid?" she asked, tears welling in her eyes once again. "He didn't want me. He wanted what I was givin' him." she gripped her arms tighter. "But I shoulda' expected it. I ain't never cared about feelins', and it was so easy to take what they wanted. I ain't never should have expected him to be different. He didn't want me anymore than they did." She said, covering her face as the tears spilled over.

#ea69d5
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 10:53 AM

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
user posted image

Grace was concerned about Finnley. She knew with the fires popping up around town everyone was on edge, but this seemed to be about more than the fires. She looked back at the destroyed cake before looking to Finn again. Luckily the cats weren’t around or Grace would be hurrying to clean that up before the cats made themselves sick.

She frowned when he friend spoke to her. As soon as the floodgates opened Grace was at her side, arms wrapped around Finnley. “Shh, shh, it’s okay,” Grace said trying to comfort your friend. “You’re not stupid, he’s the stupid one. He’s missing out on the best woman he could’ve hoped for.” She gently rubbed her friend’s back as she spoke. “It’s okay to have feelings, remember.” She had no idea what had happened between Finn and Sawyer, but maybe once her friend calmed down, Grace could figure out what had caused this. She wasn’t use to her friend having feelings for someone, so whoever this Sawyer was must’ve been special. Grace just wished he hadn’t gone and broke her friend’s heart.

“Please don’t talk about yourself that way. You’re great and you’ll find someone who appreciates you and wants the whole, amazing package that you are.”

user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 01:03 PM

Finnley had always hated crying.

And the woman never cried all that much, once in a while, but when she was upset she usually did something else, delved into her work, anything and everything to keep tears at bay. But Sawyer had managed to break a gate she didn't even know she had, and seeing Grace had managed to bring about even more tears. Sure, she could say that it was easier for Grace, she had chosen a man who was, for a lack of better wording, over the moon about her. From the second she herself had met Wesley that he had a major thing for her best friend.

With Sawyer it wasn't that easy. Sawyer tended to mask emotions, unless it came to animals. But just because Grace's little romance was turning out better than hers had ended up, she knew that it didn't mean Grace didn't know how she was feeling. Grace always knew how she was feeling, and maybe that was why she was so comfortable crying in front of her when it was so hard to do in front of anyone else at all. "I don't wanna' feel nothin'." She said finally, wiping at her tears with effort.

Crossing her arms, she tried to wipe underneath her eyes with a sniffle. "I dunno', Grace. I already tried it, maybe datin' ain't for me,if fallin' for someone can turn me into such a mess I don't quite think I wanna' do this over, he..." She closed her eyes, drawing a deep breath.

"He's leavin', Grace." She manged, biting her tongue so hard she thought it might bleed. "He's leavin', and he ain't never cared about me to begin with." A tear managed to slip down her cheek as she said the words uneasily. "I let m'self think maybe I had a chance, but in the end he don't even like this town." She shook her head. "That's why I'm stupid, Grace. Cause I let him make me believe this was somethin' more than a stop to im'." She looked down at the floor. "Or...maybe I should blame m'self for that..." She took a shaky breath. "I wanted him t'stay Grace, and now...I wanna hate him...but I can't even do that right."

#ea69d5
PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 07:45 PM

user posted image
Grace McKinnley
user posted image

Grace let her friend go, though she stayed close by. She didn’t want Finn to feel this way. She had wanted things with Sawyer to work out. She knew that Finn herself hadn’t seen them going towards a relationship, but Grace could tell that she had hoped for that.

“Did you talk with him?” Grace asked. She knew Finn wasn’t really good at the more intricate details of a relationship. She had the intimacy part down pat, but emotions were harder for her to deal with. “Does he know that you want him to stay? If you don’t talk about your feelings, how will you each know how you actually feel about each other?”

She placed a reassuring hand on her arm. She wanted to comfort her friend, but she also felt like her and Sawyer were miscommunicating with each other. “Let’s sit. I’ll make you some tea, okay?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 08:36 AM

Grace asked her if she had talked with Sawyer, and if she had told him she felt. "I tried!" she forced out after a moment, frowning deeply as she wiped at her tears. "I went to go...tell him. I thought that if I did he'd stop acting so...weird." she seemed pained to remember the next part, the pain of it very fresh. "But he tried to stop me and I...lost m'temper." She took another deep breath, glancing at Grace as she spoke to her.

"He don't care if I want him to stay or not. He ain't gonna stay for some girl he'd seen as his personal sex toy." she shook her head. "And...if that's what he thinks, I don't want him here anyway!" she declared, though it only took a moment for her to lose that front and bury her head in her hands. "I gotta' keep goin' no matter what thoughts I was havin' bout' him Grace, I got too much work to do not to." she breathed.

When Grace suggested making tea, she looked away from her. She moved over to one of her booths and sat down, looking tired. "I told y'there ain't any such thing as a fairytale endin' in reality." she ran a hand through her hair. "At least there ain't for me." she said with a frown. "Sawyer just ain't the one for me, and I shoulda' known that from the start."

#ea69d5
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.