Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 36

Rep: 25 pts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Outfit|Winter 3|Morning|Sunny|Belle

If she had said she wasn’t a little bit nervous, then she was lying. That morning Oliver had woken her up at the same time as him, Mondays were a day she didn’t have classes, so she would be able to come in earlier rather than later, and she had to admit that she still wasn’t quite sure what she was getting herself into. That Saturday she had gone out with Lucy and picked out a business outfit, and she must have had to check herself in the mirror about a thousand times before she was sure she was wearing everything correctly. It was all new to her, she hadn’t ever worked in an office before, so this would be a much different experience.

“Scout Layton why do you worry so much…?” She mumbled to herself. Oliver had given her the job, it wasn’t like she would be fired on the spot…of course that was unless she was really going to be as bad at it as her mind wanted her to think. She had chosen a light color of lipstick, professional as opposed to a dark red that Lucy had wanted her to use. Once she was finally satisfied with her look, she stepped out of the bedroom, trying to balance herself in slightly elevated shoes. When she got the hang of it, she looked around.

“Oliver?” She called, looking down as Olette wiggled her way out from under the couch. She had nearly forgotten she had brought the kitten upstairs to try and introduce to Zeus, and it hadn’t gone very well, at least not from the cats perspective, and she had been under the couch all night. Leaning down, Scout scooped her up, careful not to put her too close so she could spew her fur all over her blazer, she kissed the top of her head before setting her down by the table. “Are you ready?” she asked, thinking that her boyfriend may still be in the bathroom.

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 07:20 PM

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

GROUP: Administrator

Awards: 40

Rep: 23 pts

Oliver Triston
Winter 3, Year Two ֎ Early Morning ֎ Sunny
user posted image

Last night had been very amusing from Oliver’s perspective. He had never been a big fan of cats, but Scout had insisted on letting Olette and Zeus meet. While Zeus wasn’t one of those dogs to attack cats - he was very use to Trevor’s cat since Trevor often had him at the apartment when Zeus was a pup - but that didn’t stop him from wanting to play with every little fur ball he saw.

Olette hadn’t much been a fan of meeting a large german shepherd and as a result had hidden immediately, finding the couch her home for the night. Oliver couldn’t help but laugh when she hissed and scurried under the sofa. He wondered if she had even dared to try and come out last night while Zeus slept in the bed with them.

When he awoke, he fed Zeus, not seeing the cat anywhere, figuring it was still hidden under the sofa. He let Scout shower first since she would probably take longer to get ready over him, but once she had come out of the bathroom, he spent the remainder of his morning in there preparing for the day.

He came out of the bathroom as Scout called for him, finishing the final adjustment of his tie. “Yep. Come on,” he said, grabbing her hand. “We’ve got a long day ahead of us.” He walked out the door, silently hoping the cat wouldn’t scratch up his furniture while they were gone.

They got into the car, Oliver steering them in the direction of the office. “So, are you excited?”

user posted image
Wearing ֎ Tag: Tanuki
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 08:57 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

When Oliver walked out of the bathroom, Scout still felt those nerves bunched in her stomach. She shouldn’t have had a lot to worry about, but in any work setting the first day would always make Scout nervous. But she took Oliver’s hand, pausing at the door. “Be good Olette!” She called out. “We’ll be back soon.” She found that talking to the little kitten always made feel better, though she supposed she couldn’t really call Olette a kitten anymore, or little. Over the past three seasons, Olette had grown so much, and it was one of the reasons she felt so safe when it came to leaving her with Zeus. But now that she thought about it, she was more worried for Zeus than she was for her cat.

She followed Oliver out to the car, smoothing out her skirt as they got in. She wrapped her arms around Oliver’s middle and leaned against him after she had secured her seat belt, letting the scent of his cologne soothe her nerves. She could enjoy being close to him until work started, and then for the rest of the day until they left, she’d keep her focus on work. When he asked if she was excited, she closed her eyes.

“More like nervous.” She answered. Yes, she was excited she’d be working again, excited that she wouldn’t just be sitting at home on her days off from university, but it was always that first day that was particularly unnerving. “I am excited, I’ve been getting tired of sitting at home or at the library when I don’t have classes, I’m just…well, always like this on the first day of anything. Work, College classes, it’s a new set of people for me. I guess I’m just worried as to how I’ll get along with everyone else. I know you don’t have to be anyone’s friend in a work setting but I…guess I just don’t want any problems either?” she admitted.

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Feb 1 2017, 10:46 AM

Oliver Triston
user posted image

“No reason to be nervous,” he told her as they drove to the office. It wasn’t a long drive, and they’d be there in just a few minutes. “You’ll do fine, and just let me know if anyone causes you any problems and I’ll handle it.” If anyone gave Scout a hard time, he’d be sure they never treated her with anything but respect. Itris help the soul who disrespected his siren.

They pulled up to the front of the building and Oliver held the door open for Scout before leading her into the building and up to the third floor where Human Resources was situated. “You’re gonna be fine,” he reassured, squeezing her hand gently, before knocking on the door and opening the door to Dorothy Janson’s office.

Ms. Dorothy was an older woman, pushing her 70’s with thin silver hair pulled into a bun. She wore a simple white blouse with a black cardigan and a black skirt and mary jane shoes. A pair of cateye reading glasses hung around her neck on a chain. “Ah, Mr. Triston. Not often you come down here. What can I help you with?”

“New recruit Ms. Dorothy,” Oliver said motioning to Scout at his side. “This is Scout Layton. She’ll be taking that reception job.”

Dorothy examined Scout, noticing the two still held hands. “So you’re finally letting me fill that position? Your father would’ve had it filled weeks ago.”

“Yeah, yeah. Jessica managed it fine on her own though.” Dorothy had been a family friend of the Triston’s and had known Oliver since he was an infant. She was the only one at the company who didn’t cower under his gaze or take any of his shit. Consequently, she was the only person Oliver wouldn’t dare fire.

“Alright, Scout was it?” she asked, putting on her reading glasses and grabbing a stack of papers. “We better get started.”

Oliver glanced at his watch. “Oh, my meeting starts son. I’ll be back in about an hour, okay?” he told Scout before leaving her alone with HR.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 1 2017, 01:34 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Even as they walked through the doors, Scout wasn’t sure she’d be good at this. She had never really been in an office setting before. But…she was a quick learner, right? So as long as she remembered, that, she’d be fine. She reached up to subconsciously adjust her red hair that she had tied up in a bun, and she knew that the first thing she’d be doing when they went home later was letting it down because Itris it was annoying. It was going to give her a headache, she was pretty sure of it. “A-Alright.” She said with a nod as he gave her hand a squeeze.

He led her towards the human resources office, and she found herself intimidated all over again as they were greeted by a much older woman, and it was clear to Scout right away that she was a little different from the rest of the emplyees, not daunted by her boss in the slightest. If they were honest, neither was Scout, but there were other reasons behind that, and she held back a sigh as she thought about it. But they conversed for a few moments and Scout slowly made her way out from behind Oliver. When her name was called, she nodded. She really hoped she didn’t look like a petrified squirrel. “Y-Yes.”

She nodded at Oliver as he said he’d be back, and then watched as he left. She turned back to Ms.Dorothy, with a soft yet semi-nervous smile before making her way over. “So what needs to be done right now?” she asked, still clearly nervous and especially now that Oliver was gone. She really didn’t want to make a bad impression on anyone she was supposed to be working with, especially not this woman in front of her.

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Feb 3 2017, 02:13 PM

Oliver Triston
user posted image

“First I’ll need you to fill out this application for our files, even though you already have the job. It’s backwards ways of doing things, but we need it for our records.” Of course, if Scout had actually had to apply for the job, that form would have already been filled out.

Dorothy ran through all the forms with Scout, showing her where to input her personal information again and again. It seemed every form required the same information and 20 different initials and signatures. There were tax forms, general worker forms, and legal forms, to protect the company from lawsuits should an employee be dumb enough to drop a typewriter on their foot. It was all repetitive work and took a lot of time out of the day, but had to be done if you wanted to get paid.

Over an hour later, they were finally putting the final signatures on the last document. Dorothy gathered them all up, sticking them into a folder with Scout’s full name on it. “Oh just wait until Maria hears that I got to meet you before she did,” she said mostly to herself as she set aside the folder. “Oliver will get an earful I’m sure.” She glanced at her watch and then back up at Scout. “Well, I’m not sure what time Mr. Triston’s meeting is over, but in the meantime, I can take you down to meet Jessica and she can start getting you familiar with your duties.”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 08:42 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Scout watched as she rummaged through papers. All of this was new for her, she had never held an office job before. Butif she put her best foot forward, hopefully things would work out on their own. That’s what she would hope for anyway. She went over the paperwork with the older woman together, filling out her signature and information where needed, and it seemed like the papers took forever. When she finally signed the last signature line, she had to stop herself from sighing in relief. When she had applied for her waitressing job, she hadn’t remembered nearly as much paperwork.

Though Scout looked up when Dorothy mentioned Maria hearing that she had met the young woman first. She didn’t know who Maria was, but she also didn’t know why it would matter that Dorothy had met her before the woman. Her brain lacked the amount of coffee needed to really stop and think about who she might be talking about. She wondered if that was some sort of relative or something, but she didn’t know if it was proper to stop and ask just what the other woman was talking about.

Though curiosity did get the better of her, and finally Scout broke down and decided to ask. “Excuse me..? I’m just wondering, who is Maria?” She questioned, seeming genuinely curious. “And why would it matter that you’ve met me first?” she also sounded confused, and it was clear that indeed the woman had not yet enough caffeine in her system.

Dorothy suggested that they go meet Jessica, a name that Scout had heard Oliver say before, and she nodded. “Of course, that would be great!” Despite her clear discomfort on her first day on the job, Scout did seem eager to learn whatever she could about her duties and what she would need to do involving the work they did here.

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 04:50 PM

Oliver Triston
user posted image

Dorothy laughed lightly when Scout asked who Maria was. “You don’t know Maria?” she asked. “Why, she’s Mr. Triston’s mother dear,” she told her. “She’s been very eager for Oliver to settle down and have his own kids. And she’s been dying to meet you since she heard the rumors that Oliver decided to stick to one woman.” She smiled.

“Well we should head downstairs and get you started - Oh done your meeting Mr. Triston?” she said looking up to see Oliver standing in the doorframe.

“Yes, sorry it ran a bit late. I can show Ms. Layton around for you,” he said. “I’m sure you just can’t wait to go file away all that exciting paperwork,” he said with a grin. He looked over to Scout. “Ready?”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 08:10 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Oliver’s mother? Honestly, it was the first time that Scout was hearing about her at all. Oliver never really talked to her about his family, and she never was one that pressed him for details either. Her cheeks tinged pink when he mentioned how his mother had so badly wanted grandkids to call her own. It was less than a season since they had began going out, so kids at this time? Thinking about that was a little bit of a stretch. Well, actually, more than a little bit. It was completely absurd to be thinking about kids so early in the relationship, and she really hoped that his mother wasn’t the type that expected them so soon. After all, she hadn’t even graduated yet, and she and Oliver were still getting on their feet in terms of a relationship.

“Oh I see…” she said, sounding a little shy. “Well, I’m sure I’ll uh, I’ll meet her at some point.” It sounded so simple when she said it, but she felt nervous about meeting Oliver’s family as a whole. She was in no rush to, Oliver would do it when they were both ready, or she hoped so, anyway. Time would tell, or so she thought, anyway. She felt a certain relief when she caught sight of Oliver standing in the doorway, though she knew her face was still burning from the previous conversation with Dorothy.

He spoke to Dorothy first, and when his eyes fell on her, she nodded. “I…uh…yeah! Of course.” She said, giving Dorothy a quick thanks for helping her with the paperwork. Oliver was different at work, but when it came to that she couldn’t exactly be surprised. He was the boss of everyone in this building, and though around her he still seemed slightly playful, he had the respect of everyone here (or at least the appearance of respect) for a reason.

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 06:23 PM

Oliver Triston
user posted image

Oliver had a few things to get done today before he could call it quits, but he figured he best save Scout from Dorothy’s watchful eye and line of interrogation first. He placed his hand on the small of her back as he led he rout of the office and back towards the elevator.

“Hopefully that wasn’t too painful,” he said when they were out of earshot of her office. “I know she’s a bit much, but you get used to her. Jessica will be easier, though she’s high energy. I think she’s the only one here who actually smiles when she sees me,” he said with a laugh.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 03:31 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

“Only a little bit.” Scout answered as he led her out of the room. She could hear her shoes as they resounded through the hall. She was still nervous, but getting along with Dorothy was the first step of calming down enough to feel comfortable working here. Oliver being around helped for sure. “She’s nice, really! Honestly, it’s just me. I’ve still got this bundle of nerves.” She promised, glancing around as they walked through the hallway. She knew there were a lot of different divisions that people worked in. She’d only be one of Oliver’s receptionists, and she thanked Itris that she was good with people.

“That’s alright, it can’t be more high energy than the café, they had to get me involved with anything.” She didn’t want to think about them though, being that it was them that had stabbed her in the back in the first place. They lost her that job, but she didn’t let herself dwell on it for that long. She was here now, and she hoped that she’d be able to get along with everyone despite the fact that she was the one dating her now boss. Many would assume it meant she wanted special treatment.

All she wanted was a job, he could leave the special treatment for their out of work relationship.

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 11:38 AM

Oliver Triston
user posted image

“It’ll get easier as the day goes on,” Oliver assure her as they stepped onto the elevator and rode it down to reception where Scout would be working. “And we can go out to dinner and celebrate your successful first day later tonight when work is done,” he offered with a grin.

The elevator dinged and they stepped off, heading to a large circular desk which a blonde woman sat behind. “Good morning, Mr. Triston,” she said with a wide smile. “I’ve already given your messages to Mr. Wenthall. He should have them waiting in your office for you.”

“Thank you Jessica. I’m actually here with our new hire, Scout Layton. She’ll be helping you here from now on.”

“Oh that’s wonderful!” she said, standing up, extending a hand to Scout. “Pleasure to meet you Scout, I’m Jessica. I can’t wait to start working with you!”

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 02:39 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Scout took his hand when they got into the Elevator, giving it a soft squeeze although that was the only sort of comfort she sought before letting it go. She smiled when he mentioned celebrating. “Are you sure you want to go out? We can cook a good dinner back at your apartment as well.” She offered. She didn’t mind going out, but she also liked spending time with Oliver in an environment that was all their own. No one coming up to them, or snapping pictures for fake tabloid articles or headlines with Oliver’s name in them just to gain an audience, she liked it at home although she knew they had to go on dates out of the apartments sometimes as well.

She stepped out of the elevator with him and they were greeted by a perky secretary who greeted Oliver cheerfully. Scout smiled at her, knowing that it was likely the person that Oliver said she’d be working with. She listened to them converse for a moment before Jessica turned her attention onto Scout. “I’m sure we’ll work well together Jessica.” She said with that soft smile as she took her hand to shake. She hoped so at least, but Jessica didn’t seem bad at all. “I er…where am I supposed to go?” The reception area outside the office was larger than anything she had been used to before.

PM
^
Belle
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 06:53 PM

Oliver Triston
user posted image

He shrugged when she mentioned they could stay home. “Well it’s your first day of work. I figured you’d rather go out somewhere nice, but if you want to stay home we can do that. I have no idea what is in the fridge though…” Oliver didn’t do a lot of the cooking, so he had no idea what they even had in the kitchen.

Oliver introduced Scout to Jessica and as he expected, Jessica was more than friendly to Scout. He was sure he would find out later tonight if Jessica’s perkiness was too much for Scout. “Oh, you’ll come around back here with me for now. I can get you trained up real quick. It’s mainly just answering phones and running messages around,” she said with a laugh. “So nothing terribly hard.”

“Well I’ll leave you two ladies to get to it. Scout just come up to my office at 5. I don’t know if I’ll run late today or not.” He gave her a quick peck on the cheek before heading back to his work.

user posted image
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.