L
E

C
B
O
X
POP-OUT CBOX
DISCORD

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Almost Like Another Life I Lived, Finn+Sawyer AU
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 10:21 AM

Sneaky Trash Panda at your service

GROUP: Moderator

Awards: 29

Rep: 25 pts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Legacies were a joke.

Just like the ring on her finger was something that she wished was a joke, but that was all too real. Only set to wed her blushing husband Nick recently, it hadn't been something that Finnley really wanted. But being Dean Hauser's only daughter, meant that she didn't really have a choice. The whole thing spewed more shit than the Bull, if you asked her, and that was a lot when you were talking about Bruno. But of course, getting recently engaged to someone she didn't even want to marry didn't give her a break from the daily farm work.

She bustled around the pasture as usual, going from cow to cow to collect the milk they had to offer. One of the calves followed her around, and she found her the perfect thing to vent to. "...So in short, I don't give a damn about Nick. But apparently it's m'fault that they didn't end up with a son." She was still in fact incredibly mad at her father for what he had done to her, and if she really had no choice, she was going to let him know how upset she was about it.

Lindt flicked her small ears, and though she knew the calf didn't have an idea what she had said, she smiled, reaching out to gently stroke the calf, though she didn't linger for too long because she knew the calf's mother,Heidi, was still here somewhere. And with the calf only being a few weeks old, she was still protective. "Ya'll are good at listenin'." She said with a wink, watching as Lindt stumbled back to her mother.

"Finny," She turned as she heard her mother's voice. She was mad at her mother too, for letting them go through with the arranged engagement, but less mad at her than she was at her father. "Whatcha' want Ma'?" She asked as she lifted another bucket of milk. "T'new ranch hand'll be along t'day, Pa' wants to make sure ya' know to be on yer' best behavior." Finnley rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. "Am I gonna' have to marry im', too?" Her mother frowned, she knew her daughter was upset. But Finn refuted that thought easily. If she was so aware of how Finn felt, she would have done something to stop her father in the first place. But, she'd done nothing and now there was a ring on her finger.

It was around Finn's break time that Dean Hauser had come up from the fields, working on things up at the entrance to the ranch, waiting on the new help to show up. After all, with his daughter getting married soon, it would be one less hand on his farm, at least until she had children of her own to come help out. Until then, he would need the help. He caught sight of his daughter briefly as she headed into the tool shed, but with the look she had given him, he didn't say anything, only pursing his lips with a roll of his eyes as he returned his attention to the wooden fence. He knew she didn't like it, but she'd get used to it.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tag: strawberry
#ea69d5
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 10:28 PM

crab honeybutt

GROUP: Purple Leaf

Awards: 9

Rep: 4 pts

user posted image
outfit • Finn, Tanuki

The sun had risen early for Sawyer, but then again, it always did. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had a good night's sleep. Probably not since grade school. He sighed, running a hand down his haggard face as she first light of dawn shone through his window. Shadows the color of bruises hung in halfmoons under his eyes and three-days growth of beard stretched across the lower half of his face and down his neck. He felt he should probably shave. After all, today was his first day as a ranch hand on Dean Hauser's farm, and it would make a good first impression.

But Sawyer didn't care all that much about good first impressions. He showed up, got the work done to the best of his ability, got paid, and went home. And besides, ranch hands weren't known for being the most clean-cut type of folk.

He closed his eyes and covered his head with a pillow, trying to drown out the bird song. After a few futile minutes, he threw the pillow across the room and he sighed again, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and sitting up. He stretched his neck and feet, joints cracking and popping. He rubbed his face once again, pressing his fingers into his heavy eyes. Today was going to be a long day.

Eventually, after many cups of coffee and a big breakfast, Sawyer left for the Hauser ranch on his Percheron gelding, Beau. Though Beau was a big horse, standing in at 18'3" hands and 2400 pounds, he was a gentle one. He was hard to spook, and while he could sometimes be a little stubborn, he was intelligent and had an overall good disposition. He'd been Sawyer's trusted companion since he started working on ranches and made as good as a riding horse as he did a draft horse.

The ride there was mostly uneventful. Beau had stopped a couple times to nibble at particularly tasty looking patches of clover but hurried away quickly when Sawyer pressed his legs into his sides. When he arrived, Dean was working on the fence. Sawyer pulled Beau up alongside Dean and hopped off, removing his hat and placing it up on the saddle. "Mr. Hauser," he said, stepping forward with an outstretched hand.
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 03:46 AM

Dean had been hard at work on the fence. There was a lot going on lately. Somehow, and maybe it was the irritated young blonde he called a daughter wandering about her chores on the farm, he could tell Finnley wasn’t happy with the arrangements he had made. She had this unusual need to do the opposite of what he said, but this time she seemed to relent as the ring was slipped onto her finger.

After all, Nick was a good young man, and he knew if Finnley spent more time with him that she would come to care for him. Part of him almost felt guilty, setting her up the way he did, but it was something their family needed. Children to carry on the family business, and since Dean didn’t have any sons, Finnley was the only choice he had.

He almost hadn’t noticed when the large gelding pulled up beside him, that wasn’t until the rider’s feet hit the ground indicating he had gotten off. Dean stood after a moment, taking Sawyer’s hand in a firm shake. ”Sorry bout’ that, often times works got a’lla mah’ attention. Ya’ll must be Sawyer.” He said with a grin, that of a desperate farmer in need of a Ranch hand to help offload some of their work. ”Lillian, Finnley!” He called after he had shook Sawyer’s hand.

His wife had come out from the chicken yard, a small basket of eggs in her hand. Glancing over to where Dean stood, she smiled cheerfully. ”Ya’ must be t’new hire, welcome!” She said cheerfully, hurrying over to offer him a hand shake as well. Dean looked around when Finnley still hadn’t show up. ”Ah’ know ah’ saw that girl somewhere, Finnley!”

Finally, the blonde exited the toolshed in an unenthusiastic manner. ”I was organizin’, t’hell do ya’ want?” She asked, though she paused as she noticed the man standing next to his father. Probably around her age, tall and rugged, it was a bit of a contrast to Nick, who she was unwillingly betrothed to, who was clean shaven and very well kept for a farmer.

And what could she say? She liked what she saw, even if it were just pure attraction to the way he looked, at the very least her father had done something right in the past few weeks. She came to stand beside her mother. “M’wife Lillian an’ daughter Finnley. This is th’ new ranch hand, Sawyer.” Dean introduced, Finn offering him a hand. ”Pleasure.”

Goddess she hoped so.

”Finn why don’t ya’ show im’ where he can put up t’horse while he’s workin’?” He said, taking another appreciative look of the fine workhorse, while little did he know his daughter also gave an appreciative glance to the workhorse she happened to be interested in, and it turned out not to be a horse at all.

”Sure, Pa’. This way.” She said to Sawyer, leading him towards a pasture where at least three other horses were grazing. ”Quite the Geldin’ ya’ got there.” She said, turning to walk backwards and get a look at the horse itself. ” So How’d y’end up roped into workin’ for my Pa’?” She asked in an almost amused manner.

#ea69d5
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 09:02 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image
outfit • Finn, Tanuki

Sawyer nodded as Dean stood and greeted him. "That'd be me." He returned Dean's handshake with just as much firmness. He then tucked one hand into his pocket while holding onto Beau's reins with the other, mostly out of needing something to do with them rather than fear of the horse running off. He looked out across the farm as Dean called for a couple of people. Initially, only one approached them. She was an older woman with a kind face, presumably Dean's wife.

Sawyer nodded once more as she greeted him. "Yes, ma'am," he responded, giving her a slightly gentler handshake. He gave a smile in return, though it was nowhere near as warm as hers was. He winced a little as Dean yelled out for the second person. A blonde woman about his age came out of a shed and walked towards them, looking as if she'd rather be doing anything else. He was a little surprised, having expected a man from the sound of the name.

He smirked a little at her fiery attitude. Had he spoken like that to his own father, he would've received a slap for it. And she wasn't too bad to look at, either. It'd be better to stay away from those thoughts, though, he told himself. He didn't need any trouble, and by the ring on her finger, she seemed to be spoken for anyway.

"Nice to meet you both," he told them as he shook Finn's hand, holding on to it for what was perhaps just a moment too long as he looked into her eyes. When Dean spoke again, a little bit of color came to his pale cheeks and he cleared his throat as he looked back at Beau. "Thank you, sir," Sawyer told Dean before Finn led him toward the horse pasture.

Sawyer pulled Beau along side him, the horse snorting slightly at the sight of other horses grazing. Sawyer gave him a pat and looked at Finn as she complimented him. "Thanks. Beau's a pretty good horse." He gave the horse a couple of pats on his withers before turning back to Finn. "Ain't much to tell. I saw that he needed some ranch hands. I needed work and I've helped out on farms before. I wrote in for the job and got it." He shrugged, looking forward to watch his steps though he occasionally glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes. "So, is there anything your father mentioned wantin' done first? Or should I go back and speak to him after I unsaddle Beau?"
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 05:43 AM

Honestly, her old man was far from fair. If she could tell the truth, there wasn’t much wrong with Nick. He was nice and humble, he had a future as a farmer ahead of him, and he was also fairly handsome, clean cut. But then her father had gone and hired this guy. Sawyer, he said his name was. What he didn’t seem to realize that he was much closer to her type than Nick was, at least in appearance alone. While she had yet to see how he acted, his appeal to her physical type alone was a good start.

She smiled softly when he seemed to realize they were holding their hands there for longer than either of them meant to, but it wasn’t like she minded very much. And when her father asked her to lead him to the pastures, she was more than happy to. She led him there, nodding when he mentioned his horse, Beau, was a good one. ”Looks Sturdy.” She assured him as she opened the large gate and gestured him to pass her.

”Our farm’s pretty big, so lots o’ folk find it a lil’ intimidatin’ to apply. It ain’t so bad though.” She assured him, hoping not to frighten him unless she wanted her dad to kill her. When he asked what her father wanted done first, she hummed softly. ”Well, I can think of a few things for ya’ to do,” her voice almost sounded coy for a moment, but she quickly let that little come on she couldn’t help slip through the cracks.

”But we’re headed in the right direction anyway, after ya’ get him unsaddled, my Pa’ wanted the hay bales in the pasture scattered, I’ll be goin’ around the pasture checkin’ on the horses, we got a couple, so I’ll be around. Ya’ know, incase ya’ forget how t’use a pitchfork.” It was a clear joke, though that was when she noticed the Caramel colored Halflingner that was trotting to her from across the fields.

”Stella!” She said cheerfully when the horse reached them, affectionately snuffing through her blonde locks with her nose and making her chuckle. ”This is m’horse, Stella, if y’haven’t had enough introductions today.” She said as the mare stepped forward to investigate the new man, turning her head towards Beau afterwards. ”She’s a real Peach.” After a moment, Stella darted back across the field.

She waited until he had fully unsaddled Beau and put the tack away before she directed his attention to the hay bales. ”Pretty simple work for starters, take the hay bales out t’where those white markers are, and spread em’ with a pitchfork.” She instructed. ”I’ll be....supervisin’.” She said, a bit of that slyness reentering her tone. ”Y’know...for reasons. Since we’re workin’ in the same pasture an’ all.”

#ea69d5
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 02:04 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image
outfit • Finn, Tanuki

Sawyer nodded, smiling as she complimented his horse. "That he is. I know a lot o' folks like Clydesdales for draft horses, but I've always had a fondness for Percherons." He shrugged, giving Beau another pat. He didn't often talk about himself, but he could go on about his horse for hours. But that wouldn't be good right now considering the amount of work that needed to be done.

He shook his head and looked around at the farm once more. It was a decent sized ranch, but he'd worked bigger. Granted, there were often other farm hands working on them as well, but he was grateful for the work. He'd been running low on funds and being a migrant worker meant he took jobs where he could get them. "The views are worth the effort, at the very least," he said with a smirk, giving her a sidelong glance. There hadn't been very many farms where the farmer had such an attractive daughter.

Not that he would be doing anything about that. She was obviously spoken for and he didn't want to be fired. And in his experience, farmers often kept their guns close at hand when it came to protecting their daughters' virtue. But a little flirting never hurt anyone, and it seemed as though she was willing to flirt back just as much.

Sawyer couldn't help but grin a little at her joke. She was a fiery one, which would certainly make things around the farm a little more interesting. "It is such a hard skill t' remember," he replied with a shrug. "Folks think manual labor ain't nothin' but workin' with your hands. They don't know it's half mental." He smiled at his own joke, though it was partially true. If you didn't have something to occupy your mind as you worked, work seemed to take forever to get done and you tired faster. And it looked as if Sawyer had found just the thing to keep his mind occupied.

Before his could wander too far down that road, a beautiful Haflinger with a mane nearly as pale as Finn's approached them, much to Finn's delight. Sawyer held out a hand as Stella stepped toward him and Beau, smiling at her. "Hey, there, Stella," he greeted in a soft voice. "It's always a pleasure to be introduced to such a beauty." Sawyer had always preferred animals over people. Cats were at the top of his list, if he had to make one, but horses were a close second. They were so intelligent and each one had their own personality.

Beau snorted in interest as the mare stepped close to him, though when she left he quickly went back to searching the ground for tasty looking bits of grass and clover. Sawyer nodded and watched as the mare ran off before replying "She seems like it."

After they reached the pasture, Sawyer unsaddled Beau and brushed him down quickly, ready to get to work. He gave the horse a carrot and a couple of scratches on top of his head then headed over to Finn. He nodded at her instructions and grinned at her tone. "Well I hope my work proves to be satisfactory," he told her with a quick wink. "I'd hate to think of the tongue lashing I'd receive if it's not." He smirked and rolled up the sleeves of his flannel before grabbing the pitchfork and heading over to the hay bales.
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 03:48 PM

"Clydesdales are alright, always found it easier to work with Percherons though, used t'rent draft horses and my Pa' would switch between em'." She explained, smiling at the horse. She really did love animals, horses were included among the tops. And she loved seeing horses, especially when they were well taken care of like this one seemed to be. When he mentioned the views being worth the work, she raised an eyebrow. "Yeah. Our Orchards are really somethin'to take in." she said slyly. She knew how to play that game too.

"Lemme' know if ya' forget." She said with a laugh. "I can always give ya' a demonstration." She suggested. After all, if they had to get a little close for learning purposes then so be it, right? Right. Since she had gotten engaged to Nick she could admit she had been feeling down. After all, being a farmer's wife meant she'd be stuck on a farm for the rest of her life, and contrary to her dad's belief, it wasn't really what she wanted to do.

But no one here listened to her dreams.

When he called Stella beautiful, she couldn't help her pride. "You're the best, ain't ya' girl?" She asked affectionately as the horse let out a whinny in response to a scratch behind the ears. "Bet he says that to all the girls though now don't he?" he asked the horse, turning her gaze to Sawyer in a bit of a cheeky manner. But now it was time to get down to business, and she glanced at him as he spoke of being worried about a punishment.

"Watch your words, cowboy. Cause' I might just haveta' arrange that." She commented coyly as he walked towards the hay bales. Finn got to work, whistling into the fields. "Prince!" She called, and from the middle of the field a large stallion came trotting towards her. She led him to the fence, looping a rope lead around his head gently before tying it to the post so she could work a curry brush through some mud caked to his legs. "Look at ya', what've ya' been doin', rollin' in things?" she asked affectionately.

But she still couldn't help taking glances of Sawyer as she worked. Maybe it was just lust, she didn't know, but there was something she liked about him being able to hold his own against her, his wit was a good match to her own, and she could dare say that she liked what she saw. But could someone disagree with the thousands of fantasies she could come up with in her mind if she had the time to just stand around and daydream?

--

The sun starting to vanish against its scarlet backdrop made Finn frown as she sat perched on the fence in the fields, having come outside from preparing dinner to see Sawyer had been moved into the field to do some work with the hoe and sickle her father had provided him. She honestly felt like a swooning maiden, as silly as that sounded. But she was a bit upset when her father called time on the work for today. She hopped off the fence, calling to Stella in order to saddle her up while Sawyer got ready to leave.

"Thanks fer' th' work t'day Sawyer, keep that up an' Ah'll be givin' ya' a nice sum fer' yer' troubles." Dean said to Sawyer. He had noticed he hadn't seen Finn around in a little while, but decided she was probably inside helping her mother with the table. After all, Nick and his Family would be over for dinner tonight. But as Sawyer left, it wasn't but a few minutes later that he spotted his daughter's horse trotting to the gate of the ranch.

"Where d'ya think yer' goin' Finnley? Supper's almost on and yer' boy will be here soon." Finn sighed from atop Stella. "I'm almost three decades old Pa', and when I wanna go for a ride to clear M'head, then I'm going for a ride." While Dean didn't seem happy, he relented after a moment. "B'home in thirty minutes, please." Finnley didn't say anything to that, instead urging Stella forward past the archway.

She had hoped he hadn't gotten far, and was relieved when she spotted Beau not too far ahead up the path. "Cowboy," She called, hoping to get his attention as she shifted so Stella would know to go just a little faster. She slowed beside him, reaching over to pat Stella's neck encouragingly. "So, what'd ya' think for your first day on t'job? Didn't drive ya' too mad havin' to work round' us all day did it?" she asked, hoping he didn't mind the company, at least for as long as she could get away from home, the one place she didn't want to be right now.

#ea69d5
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 10:28 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

outfit • Finn, Tanuki

Sawyer was happy to hear someone else had a fondness for Percherons as well. They were gorgeous horses with lots of variability in their coloring while Clydesdales all seemed to have a uniform look. While that had no bearing on their temperment nor their work ability, Sawyer enjoyed it when individual horses had unique looks. And Beau certainly was unique in his coloring.

He snorted a laugh at her reply and nodded. "It's not every day a man comes across such fine lookin' trees." He continued smiling as she spoke, glad to see that she wasn't offended by his flirting. Now he only hoped that she wouldn't be going and telling her parents a different story about how the new ranch hand had approached her inappropriately. But as long as he was getting it, he was going to give it right back. "Oh, don't worry. You'll be the first I come to if I forget how to get a proper grip on the shaft."

He stood by, silently watching her interact with the mare, a soft smile on his face. He knew most folks loved their horses. After all, they were an important part of any rural farm. But it was still nice to see someone treating them with love and respect instead of just as a tool. He shrugged and chuckled at what she said to the horse. "What can I say? I got a thing for blondes."

He gave a wave of his hand as he walked toward the hay bales, signalling he'd heard her without turning around. He stood in front of the hay bale, angled slightly so he could watch Finn out of the corner of his eye as he worked, grabbing the pitchfork and stabbing it into the bale before spreading it out around him. She called for another horse - this time a stallion - and brushed him out. He cracked a crooked grin at the sight of them before turning his attention back to the work. As much as he would have enjoyed watching Finn all day, he had to get paid, and there was plenty of work for him to do.

--

By the time evening had rolled around, Sawyer had worked up a sweat. His forehead glistened from it and both shirts clung to his chest and back. As he finished up his work, he peeled his flannel off, shuddering a little at the cool breeze that grazed his exposed stomach for a moment. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught Finn watching him from the nearby fence. Acting like he hadn't seen her, he pulled the bottom of his shirt up and wiped down his face with it, hoping she'd enjoy the view.

He adjusted his undershirt as Dean approached him. Sawyer nearly rolled his eyes at Dean's words but managed to keep his face straight. "Not a problem at all, sir. But I'd best be gettin'. See you tomorrow." He nodded his head in goodbye and made his way over to the horse pasture.

Once he was out of earshot of Dean, he looked down at his hands and sighed. Despite the years of calluses, they were red and stinging from gripping the wooden handles on the tools. He would have to remember his gloves tomorrow, but for now he'd have to soak them in ice water when he got back to the inn. He put on Beau's tack and saddle as quickly as his hands would allow and headed off, a little disappointed he didn't get to see Finn one last time.

He didn't speak much as he turned Beau down the road to the inn. It'd been the first time in a few weeks he'd worked so hard and he looked forward to getting back and resting. He was almost startled out of his thoughts when he heard horsebeats approach him from behind. He eased Beau over to the side of the road a little but continued plodding on. The sound of Finn's voice brought him completely out of them, though, and he turned in the saddle to look at her, slightly slackjawed. He closed his mouth and gathered his thoughts as quickly as he could.

"I suppose it wasn't the worst job I've ever had. Had something nice to keep my thoughts occupied, so that made the day go quicker," he told her with a cheeky grin. "I hope you're not coming to tell me my work was shit and now I'm fired. Though truth be told, if I had to hear that, I'd rather hear it from you than your pa." Hard news was always easier to swallow when it came from pretty woman.
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 03:42 AM

Finn was more than happy to get off the farm for even a couple of minutes. How much time she had to spend there was actually suffocating. If that was going to be the rest of her life, she was almost afraid to live it. Married to Nick, stuck in those same boring patterns her mother walked daily, it wasn’t what she wanted, and she only wished that someone cared, at least.

Why she had decided to seek out the young Ranch Hand, she couldn’t be too sure. He looked more than good, they flirted back and forth, and Finn had gotten more than a generous look at his toned body throughout the day. But beyond that, she wondered why. After all she was still engaged, she wasn’t sure if he wanted anything more than a meaningless flirtation within the workplace from a woman with a ring on her finger.

She hated that ring.

Thankfully, she noticed that he didn’t seem disinterested when she called out to him, more surprised than anything else as she made her way over to him atop Stella, guiding her at a careful speed until she fell in beside the gelding. ”Oh yeah? I’ll admit my workday was a little bit easier m’self.” She said. After they had shared enough flirtation with each other back and forth throughout the day, that she almost hadn’t wanted it to end. That way, at least she could continue to pretend for a little longer that her life hadn’t already been decided for her.

She laughed when he mentioned her coming to tell him he had done a shit job. ”No, that ain’t it at all. Pa’ loved your work I think. Usually if he hates it he’ll fire ya’ the first day.” She smiled softly at his next sentence. ”To be fair, I feel like mosta’ my Pa’s old employees woulda’ felt the same. Pa’ doesn’t fall for the strikin’ blue eyes like I do.” She teased, giving Stella another soft pat.

”No M’just...out.” She said, gripping tightly to Stella’s reins. My....Fiancé n’ his folks are coming over for dinner.” She tried to hide the sadness in her voice, but it was hard to do so. ”I didn’t wanna’ be there so I left.” She admitted, shaking her head. There was a gentle pink tinging her cheeks as she looked back at him. ”I’d be lyin’ if I said I didn’t come down this way t’see if I could catch up to ya’. “ she sighed. ”I’d like t’remember a handsome face incase I gotta...well.” She cleared her throat, it wasn’t that Nick wasn’t attractive, but he wasn’t her type. And she wished it was a man she was attracted to. ”Sides’,” she said, noticing she had ruined the mood slightly. ”Had t’make sure the new Hire found his way home, didn’t I?”

#ea69d5
PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 04:25 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

outfit • Finn, Tanuki

"Oh was it, now?" Sawyer asked, upper body still turned to her. "Hope you weren't slackin' with work I'll hafta pick up tomorrow," he told her with a grin. Truth be told, as long as he got to keep her in her sights, he wouldn't mind doing all of his work and hers. Plus more work meant more pay, so that was always a positive.

He nodded when she said her dad liked his work. "Ah, that's good to hear. But who could blame them?" He vaguely wondered if she flirted this much with the ranch hands of the past. Not that he would've minded, really. It was just something to make the time go by in an enjoyable manner and nothing would come of it. It was just a little harmless fun for the both of them, so it seemed. He winked at her at the blue eyes comment.

He cocked an eyebrow when she told him that she was just out for a ride before her fiancé and his family came over. He was hardly surprised that she wanted to get away with it due to the way she flirted with him. Women who were happy with their partners generally stuck to them, and even if they liked what they saw, they generally kept other men at a distance. He was, however, surprised her family let her go out before hand. He would've thought they would want her to stay behind, help prepare dinner, and get cleaned up to see her bethrothed. The more he learned about her, the more it seemed like she couldn't be tamed all the way, even if she was engaged to a man she didn't want to be married to.

He couldn't tell if it was the sunlight or if she were blushing when her face was tinted pink. He nodded once more when she complimented him again. "When you gotta 'lie back and think of England'?" he finished for her. No woman had ever been so forward as to tell him something like that, though couldn't lie and say it didn't please him. A faint smile spread across his lips as they continued forward.

"I certainly appreciate it. You'd think a migrant worker would have a better sense of direction," he said with a chuckle, hoping to lighten her mood back up. He barely knew her, but he already hated to hear how sad she was. "The sun's setting. I hope you can show me how to get around in the dark." It was about as good of an innuendo as he could come up with after a long day of work, and even if she didn't catch his meaning, he hoped the sly grin on his face would convey it.
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 05:52 PM

She smirked softly when he asked her if she had been slacking. ”Hmm, I wonder.” She answered, giving him a look. ”Sure it wouldn’t be so bad, extra hours extra money. But don’t ya’ worry none about that sugar, I’ll carry m’weight as normal.” She chuckled, gently clicking Stella’s sides.

She nodded. Her dad had been impressed, and she could tell because if not he would have been fired much sooner, not a chance that he would come back tomorrow. Because it would be a shame if she didn’t get to see him again, the most interesting thing her father had brought to their ranch in a while.

”Can’t say I’m complanin’.” She promised. When he finished her sentence, she bit her bottom lip in thought. ”Yeh’, that.” He didn’t seem offended that she would want to think about him rather than her Fiancé, so at least she knew he didn’t find it against his morals that she was so forward about thinking about anyone but her Fiancé in bed.

Glad she didn’t totally kill the mood, she smirked at his words. ”Now Darlin’, can’t go havin’ ya’ gettin’ lost on me.” She said as she had Stella move just a little bit ahead of Beau in order to lead the way, as if he didn’t know where he was going. She led him to the Inn, sliding off Stella and giving her a few moment to rest.

”I’ve gotta go back soon.” She said reluctantly as she dared to approach him. His hands were at work, likely to start undoing his horse’s tack, and she reached over and took them gently. ”Don’t wanna’, but...” she pulled his hands to her, placing them gently on her waist. She glanced up into his eyes, as if to make sure he was okay with what she was doing. She didn’t want to make him do anything against his will.

She liked the feel of his larger hands against her waist, and checking again to see no one around, she pressed her back against his chest, letting go of his hands so he could move them a little on his own accord. ”I’d really like to stay, but I don’t wanna’ make Pa’ suspicious.” She said after a moment, giving him a gentle smile. ”Just thought I’d give ya’ something t’think about.” She stepped away from him, moving back over to Stella. ”See ya’ tomorrow, Sawyer.”

#ea69d5

PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 10:58 AM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

outfit • Finn, Tanuki

"Glad to hear it," he replied when she said she'd be pulling her own weight. "I'm as much of a sucker for a pretty face as any man, but I ain't about to do anyone else's work for 'em." He grinned at her then turned his attention back to the road before Beau decided to wander off into a field.

He nodded, keeping his face forward, expression a little bit more grim than usual. Arranged marriages were a shame. He didn't know if he'd ever settle down, but if he did, it'd be because of love. Of course, with the way things were looking now, he'd be a bachelor until the end of his days. It made him lonely sometimes, but there were usually women in bars looking to share his bed for a night. That helped to alleviate the loneliness on occasion, though there were times when he felt lonelier than ever after they'd left.

Those were thoughts best left for another time, though. Not now, when he could admire the back of Finn swaying with Stella's steps. He gave a quiet laugh at her and fell in time behind her, following her to the Inn as the sky grew dark around them.

Once they arrived, they made their way over to the stables. Sawyer jumped down from Beau and started to work on unbuckling the saddle. Before he could, though, she took them in her own. He gritted his teeth and held back a hiss. Even if they were raw, he still wanted her to keep holding them. He didn't really want her to go either, but he knew it would mean trouble if someone saw them. He was grateful for the cover of night as she placed his hands on her waist.

He nodded faintly when she looked up at him. He wasn't sure what she was asking permission to do, but he would be fine with whatever she had in mind. He shuddered slightly as she pressed up against him and let go of his hands. He drew in a breath and held it while moving his hands gently up her sides, touch so faint they were nearly hovering above her skin. The urge to move her hair to the side and press his lips to her neck was almost overpowering, but he stayed himself.

When she moved away, it nearly felt like something had collapsed inside of him. He turned away to hide what had happened below his belt and nodded, coughing hoarsely to clear his throat. "Yeah, o' course." He gave a wave of his hand to signal that she was fine as he turned all the way back to Beau. He looked over his shoulder at her as she moved back to her own horse and said goodbye. "See ya' tomorrow," he replied as he worked on removing Beau's tack. She certainly had given him something to think about, and he kept those thoughts in mind while he showered.
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 01:16 PM

She had steered Stella back towards home after her brief encounter with Sawyer, and she couldn’t stop thinking about the way his hands felt against her sides, lighter than air as if he had been been unsure if touching her was right yet she could tell he wanted to.

She wondered if it really was wrong, considering she was engaged to Nick. But she didn’t want him, that was okay right? Besides, it wasn’t like it was going to become anything, right? It would just be fun, right? She sighed, coming back to the Ranch with a bit of dread, almost.

She came back to the ranch, holding onto her horse’s reins with a bit of regret as she saw the lights on inside.

Nick had thankfully left earlier that morning and Finn rolled onto her back, staring up at the ceiling for a few moments. She didn’t want to get up, but she remembered that was a field day, Harvesting, weeding, so Saywer was probably already here.

With that in mind she stood up, smiling at the small Ragdoll cat that slept at the foot of her bed. ”Good morning Keegan.” She said, giving him a scratch between his ears as she moved to get ready for the day. She pulled on her work clothes slowly, mulling over several thoughts.

”Ah Finn Darlin, wouldya’ take this out T’Sawyer please? Reckon they’ve been out in them fields fer’ an hour now.” Her mother said, handing her some of their own brand of juice. She nodded and took the small bottle, heading out into the sunlight with a stretch.

Taking one of the baskets from the porch to collect some of their berries, she made her way into the fields, catching sight of Sawyer on the way in. She smiled softly when she caught his attention, making her way over to him and holding out the bottle. ”Mornin’ Cowboy.” She greeted. She couldn’t forget his touch at all. ”Don’t forget to lift somma’ those leaves.” She pointed out. ”The weeds like ta’ hide.” She bent down to show him what she meant. ”See? They used ta’ get me every time.” She looked around, noticing her father was nowhere in sight. ”So, ain’t ready to run away yet? I’ll give pa’ a point cause he’s real pleasant to his workers." Maybe not her, but his workers, Dean made sure they were treated well.

#ea69d5

PM
^
strawberry
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 10:44 PM

crab honeybutt

user posted image

Finn, Tanuki

Sawyer didn't know if it was the hard day's work or having thought of Finn's parting gift in the shower, but he had the best sleep he had in months. Instead of feeling drained and groggy when he woke up, he was well-rested and eager to start the day. He rose before the sun and had a hearty breakfast, prepping himself to work in the fields.

After arrived and putting Beau out to pasture, Dean directed him to the berry fields. This time he'd remembered his gloves. Underneath the gloves, he had his hands covered in ointment and wrapped in long bandages in the vain hope that it would keep away blisters. Time seemed to move quickly as he worked, pulling weeds and harvesting berries as he made his way along the rows. It didn't hurt that his mind was occupied with thoughts of Finn, as much as he tried to keep her off his mind. Thinking on it now, with the sun up and her father somewhere close by, it was stupid what they had done. Anyone else could have seen them and gotten him fired and her in trouble.

Still, he didn't regret it, and he had no plans to stop flirting with her so long as she continued to flirt back. If she stopped, he'd respect her wishes and admire her from a safe distance until it was time to move on to the next farm. But when she came over after some time had passed, carrying a bottle of juice in hand, he got the distinct feeling that she didn't want to stop.

Sawyer tipped his head to her in greeting and stood up, taking the bottle from her and taking a swig. He handed it back to her and wiped the back of his mouth off with a forearm. "Thank ya' kindly," he told her. He was thirsty, but the juice was sweet, and too much of it could have turned sour in his stomach while he was working up a sweat. When she bent down to reveal weeds under the leaves, he leaned back a little to admire the view. "I appreciate the advice, but this ain't my first rodeo," he told her with a wink before kneeling back down to pull out the weeds.

He shook his head as he tugged at them, making sure to pull out the root system. "Not yet, though the day's still early," he said with a short laugh. "Your pa seems like a decent man. One of the better ones I've worked for." Some of the farmers and ranchers he'd worked with couldn't have been bothered to offer him or his fellow hands a glass of water or a five minute break in the shade. It had been work from sun up to sun down, and piss poor pay to boot.

He continued working in silence for a couple moments, tossing the weeds into a basket to be disposed of later, before he glanced up at her again. "So, if ya' don't mind me askin', how'd last night with the fiancé go?" He wasn't sure if it was what she wanted to talk about, but it was the only appropriate thing he could think of in case Dean Hauser should appear.
PMWebsite
^
Tanuki
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 06:17 AM

Juice was one of their family exports that did the best. there was nothing people favored more than a freshly made bottle of juice from fruits and veggies that were homegrown by their local Famers. All of the profit and none of the work, that was the market at its finest. But she didn't mind so long as they made their fair sum. Sawyer seemed to like the juice although he didn't drink that much of it, handing the bottle back to her. She usually wanted water when working as well. "Sure, if y'need anythin', water or so just ask my ma'. She's usually on top o' that sorta thing." she assured him with a soft shrug as she placed the juice bottle on a fence post, throwing the basket over her shoulder.

She could feel his eyes on her as she demonstrated the proper way to pick the weeds, and while she had a feeling he already knew anyway, she decided it was well worth it if she could steal his attention for a moment. It was a little funny, considering she usually preferred that they put as much work into things as her father did. But with Sawyer, she didn't mind a quick break. She wished they could take a longer one, if anything. She knew a shed around this time that was usually empty, only really paid attention to if a tool broke. But she decided maybe now wasn't the time to mention it. "Oh, I have a feelin' you've been to quite a few Rodeos, Sugar." she assured him. "Was just tryna' see how well ya' handle the one we run here." she chuckled.

How well could he handle hers?

She moved to a bush of ripe berries nearby as he told her her father was a fair man, and she rolled her eyes to herself. "Yeah, he's alright I guess. when ya' ain't not followin' his rules anyhow." That was more for her than himself, but she smiled anyway as she started gauging the riper berries, from the overripe. "Pa' always says he likes t'treat his workers well as he'd wanna' be treated. He did a lotta' Ranchwork for different places as a teen, too." she explained, tossing the berries gently into her basket by soft bushels.

She paused when he asked how her night had gone with her Fiance, and she looked at him for a moment as if he were crazy. She admitted that having Sawyer's touch left night had left her wanting more. But last night she couldn't have him, so she had settled for Nick. But she tried to pretend that it had been exactly who she wanted, but decided half way through she didn't want to taint what could be an experience, if their flirtation went any farther. "It was...alright I guess." she said, hesitation in her voice clear. She didn't want to tell Sawyer how it was, because she enjoyed the flirtation and didn't want that to cease. She looked around, her dad nowhere in sight, and smiled slyly. "Ain't nothin' like nearly bein' done in by a touch." she added. "But it was whatever." she concluded.

She went back to picking berries for a few minutes before she spoke up again. "I think Pa's planning an hour break round 14:00. Y'Wanna take Beau an' Stella down near the coast or somethin' Could eat lunch there."

#ea69d5
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
New Poll

Our Affiliates
Skin coded by Ethereal for exclusive use on Summers Past
We are a Harvest Moon RP not affiliated with Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, or Bokujō Monogatari - these series belong to their respective owners.